User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: global values dont send player to the correct frame

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation global values dont send player to the correct frame

so in my game when the player reaches 300 points the first time they are brought to "cutscene 1", but when the player replays the same level again they should be brought to the frame "loading 2" but for some reason it does work. in the frame "arena 1" on line 1 i have it set to where at the start of frame the game checks if the global value "FirstScore" is equal or greater to 300, and the second line if "FirstScore" is equal or lower to 300. the first line activates line 123 so the player will go to "loading 2", and the second line activates line 117 which send the player to "cutscene 1". i tried pretty everything i could from redoing the whole save system, making more global values, setting the score in "cutscene 1" frame, but none of it worked. in the frame "select arena" under the group "Score" it saves the players progress. if someone could help me with this id really appreciate it. (dont worry about the rest of the global values, the only ones that matter for this are the first two, this is a cut version of my full game). thx in advance!

file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8z9b3...ample.mfa/file

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Euingee View Post
    so in my game when the player reaches 300 points the first time they are brought to "cutscene 1", but when the player replays the same level again they should be brought to the frame "loading 2" but for some reason it does work. in the frame "arena 1" on line 1 i have it set to where at the start of frame the game checks if the global value "FirstScore" is equal or greater to 300, and the second line if "FirstScore" is equal or lower to 300. the first line activates line 123 so the player will go to "loading 2", and the second line activates line 117 which send the player to "cutscene 1". i tried pretty everything i could from redoing the whole save system, making more global values, setting the score in "cutscene 1" frame, but none of it worked. in the frame "select arena" under the group "Score" it saves the players progress. if someone could help me with this id really appreciate it. (dont worry about the rest of the global values, the only ones that matter for this are the first two, this is a cut version of my full game). thx in advance!

file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8z9b3...ample.mfa/file
    Hello, I see a small problem with your code. You should have a line : >= 300 and another < to 300. If you put >= 300 and <= 300, it will activate the 2 groups (line 123 and 117). Because both will trigger when score = 300
    I'm not sure if its the only problem, but you can start to correct that.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @girwars like this? https://www.mediafire.com/view/6kdrs...rgthy.png/file i tried it out and it still doesnt work

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @girwars like this? https://www.mediafire.com/view/6kdrs...rgthy.png/file i tried it out and it still doesnt work
    When do you set the score to the global value FirstScore ? I can't find it in your code. When I Assign a counter to check the value of firstscore, it always stay to 0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @girwars yeah i dont know why it does that. check the frame "select arena", thats where i set the score counter to the global value after it collects it from the "arena 1" frame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @girwars yeah i dont know why it does that. check the frame "select arena", thats where i set the score counter to the global value after it collects it from the "arena 1" frame
    Seems to work now, I changed as a explain >=300 and 00, and remove : line 3 start of scene : set FirstScore to 0.
    When I play I first time It will go to cutscene then loading 2 then select arena
    When I play a second time, it will go directly to Loading 2 then select Arena

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @girwars well, i tried it out and now have 2 problems. 1, the score instead of staying 300 goes up to 600 in frame "select arena", and when you exit the game and come back to it the game sends you to the cutscene frame again instead of the loading frame even though the score is greater or equal to 300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you exit the program, the global value First Score will be lost, you need to retrieve the Global Value from your ini file at a certain moment, probably on scene select arena.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @girwars is it the "load position of object"? i tried that and it didnt seem to do anything. or maybe i didnt do it the right way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Special condition > Change a Global Value > FistScore > Set to your ini value
    You need also to set First Score to 0 in case of game over the fist time. And make some adjustments.
    I not fully understand yet your code, but the idea is here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast