User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SCREEN RECORDER Object needed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can screen record facetime on apple phones. Its pretty close to what the op is asking i think. It does not slow the phone to a crawl. I don't use android myself for about 5 years now but id be surprised if apple had one over on android like that. Imagine the fanboys and fangirls crowing from the apple side if that was the case lol. A quick search confirms you can also screen record in android OS as an inbuilt OS function. Sounds like a cool idea to do in game recording and playback of boss take downs any way. Interesting to see what other make of the idea.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4t View Post
    You can screen record facetime on apple phones.
    Using its own API, also, Apple has its own hardware encoding for HEVC (phones without it can take a massive amount of time to convert it just to be playable)
    Of course at this point Android must have its own API and stuff as well.
    But still, there isn't anything in this entire world that is truly free, it's just impossible for something to work without absolutely no performance/storage impact.
    Sure, it's not noticeable on super high end devices, but don't expect people to have phones this powerful.
    And built-in APIs will only work in devices that run certain OS versions, cause these didn't existed not long ago.

But too me, it's a niche feature, you can do it with programming without recording a video or taking screenshots, so expecting other devs to make a extension for you like that for free will probably be ignored...
    I'm sure that's not the only time people asked for screen recording and will certainly not be the last.
    (But seeing your videos up above, you're trying to record the screen including the camera view, so that's not possible without a specific extension)

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, here's the Android API for recording:
    https://developer.android.com/guide/...dia/av-capture

Please don't take this negatively, I just talked about performance cause because of the way Fusion apps works, it doesn't perform too well on limited resources.
    Android runtime is far slower than iOS runtime, which is also slower than the Windows runtime...
    Of course it wouldn't be much of a problem in a really simple app like I believe is what you're doing, but wouldn't really work that well for a more intensive game...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an iphone 6 wouldn't call that high end any more. Screen recording works fine on it. But don't expect any thing to have no performance impact either. Here's an interesting link from 2017 about making screen recording app. https://www.appcoda.com/replaykit/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    If you say so... But I work with video editing and visual effects for 15 years and I'm also currently making extensions.

A screen recorder works by taking 24-60 screenshots per second and combining these in a video file, there's two ways it can go:
    - Uncompressed (huge file sizes, low CPU/GPU usage)
    - Compressed (intensive CPU/GPU usage during recording)

Usually the mobile screen recorders goes for uncompressed, sometimes it compress it after recording, which can take some time.
    On Windows, most will use dedicated hardware for compressing, either from the GPU (Eg. Nvenc) or CPU (Eg. Quick Sync), hence why it's fast but still can affect performance.
    But it all depends on your core count and how it's distributed, some games like Fusion one's will use a single core, leaving a ton of cores for recording (but still, if you don't allocate it for the softwares specifically it can affect).
    Fusion games are usually lightweight if you program it well, but try setting your fps to 1000, uncheck Vsync and turn on a recorder to see how much your max fps will decrease.
    You usually don't see the fps drop cause if the drop still above 60 you won't ever see it unless you unlock your fps, but I see many users struggling to keep 60 fps even on high end computers, those wouldn't handle screen recording.

About the camera thing, as far as I know, the device must support the usage on both cameras through software and hardware, they don't do it not cause they think it's a 'dumb idea', it's because they can't.
    Hence why many high end devices have it in their built-in camera apps, cause these can handle it.
    For this very exact reason you can't use the flashlight while using the camera if not from the camera app itself.

If you really want to check this out, I suggest hiring a mobile ext-dev, it can be quite expensive and results may not live up to expectations.
    Cause any programmer that knows how this works wouldn't even try to do something that would cripple the performance...
    Technically you could do the uncompressed one yourself by taking tons of screenshots and then playing it back, of course would be better to transform it to a proper video format but that would require a extension as well.
    (Spoiler: I get 14 fps on my Galaxy S21 Ultra while doing this)
    Thank you for the information. I may just contact a few other Developers on Google Play as many of them have amazing Screen Recorders, that record in HD at 60 FPS, with no lag to Applications. I will just see how they do it and maybe it can be implemented into an Extension For MMF2.5DEV. I just need to get the Extension Maker to get started for MMF2.5Dev.

The Screenshot idea, was one I was thinking about, however I would need to convert the Screenshots into Video as the user is recording. Plus use the Android Microphone to Record audio at the same time. Both of those running, I am sure would be too much and as you said," extremely inefficient and slowdown performance ".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4t View Post
    You can screen record facetime on apple phones. Its pretty close to what the op is asking i think. It does not slow the phone to a crawl. I don't use android myself for about 5 years now but id be surprised if apple had one over on android like that. Imagine the fanboys and fangirls crowing from the apple side if that was the case lol. A quick search confirms you can also screen record in android OS as an inbuilt OS function. Sounds like a cool idea to do in game recording and playback of boss take downs any way. Interesting to see what other make of the idea.
    Yeah, there is an inbuilt Screen recorder, however the issue is most devices hide the function. My LG stylo 6 is one of those whom hide it. It does have it though. Apple is the next on the list to port too. Thanks for the info and as you said," It does not slow the phone to a crawl". I have no issues screen recording in HD with just about any Screen recorder app on Google Play.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway, here's the Android API for recording:
    https://developer.android.com/guide/...dia/av-capture

Please don't take this negatively, I just talked about performance cause because of the way Fusion apps works, it doesn't perform too well on limited resources.
    Android runtime is far slower than iOS runtime, which is also slower than the Windows runtime...
    Of course it wouldn't be much of a problem in a really simple app like I believe is what you're doing, but wouldn't really work that well for a more intensive game...
    Thank you for this.

Yes, I agree. Fusion built versus Android Studio Built is a big difference in performance. I am just hoping there is a workaround by triggering the Android built in screen recorder, versus actually using a fusion made one. Basically, have it as a background service outside of the fusion app, but triggered by the fusion app itself to record.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using its own API, also, Apple has its own hardware encoding for HEVC (phones without it can take a massive amount of time to convert it just to be playable)
    Of course at this point Android must have its own API and stuff as well.
    But still, there isn't anything in this entire world that is truly free, it's just impossible for something to work without absolutely no performance/storage impact.
    Sure, it's not noticeable on super high end devices, but don't expect people to have phones this powerful.
    And built-in APIs will only work in devices that run certain OS versions, cause these didn't existed not long ago.

But too me, it's a niche feature, you can do it with programming without recording a video or taking screenshots, so expecting other devs to make a extension for you like that for free will probably be ignored...
    I'm sure that's not the only time people asked for screen recording and will certainly not be the last.
    (But seeing your videos up above, you're trying to record the screen including the camera view, so that's not possible without a specific extension)
    Doing it for FREE? Clickteam has a store and I mentioned," I would be first in line to buy it!"

I am not going to pay someone to develop it and then they go and sell it as an extension too. That would be absurd. However, if a person developed it. Obviously, many Developers here using Fusion would buy it. One could charge easily $99.99 in the clickstore for it and to me. That is a deal. As a Developer, selling apps on Google and Amazon. The Developer could make that $99.99 back in less then 2 days with ease.

So, I never asked for it to be made for FREE.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make it clear...
    The reason I worry about performance on Fusion apps is because it's "single threatened", the apps can only use a single core.
    This is because events has to be predictable and keep the order, so if a event is slow the next one will have to await it finish.
    Extensions can be asynchronous to this, but it's difficult to make and can lead to other problems sometimes.

When I said "doing it for free" I meant that development is expensive, and selling a extension at retail price for a few people wouldn't pay a third of the time a dev would need to do it.
    There's almost no demand for this, I doubt it would sell to more than handful of people in a year, so either the dev would put a high price or not make it at all unless there's a ton of clients confirmed.
    When I program for other people my prices vary from $15 to $25 USD per HOUR, and even if I was highly experienced with both Android and ext-dev, I doubt it would take less than a week.
    Selling it for $99.99 on Clickstore would be insane, it would probably sell like 2 copies in a life-time... It's too specific...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make it clear...
    The reason I worry about performance on Fusion apps is because it's "single threatened", the apps can only use a single core.
    This is because events has to be predictable and keep the order, so if a event is slow the next one will have to await it finish.
    Extensions can be asynchronous to this, but it's difficult to make and can lead to other problems sometimes.

When I said "doing it for free" I meant that development is expensive, and selling a extension at retail price for a few people wouldn't pay a third of the time a dev would need to do it.
    There's almost no demand for this, I doubt it would sell to more than handful of people in a year, so either the dev would put a high price or not make it at all unless there's a ton of clients confirmed.
    When I program for other people my prices vary from $15 to $25 USD per HOUR, and even if I was highly experienced with both Android and ext-dev, I doubt it would take less than a week.
    Selling it for $99.99 on Clickstore would be insane, it would probably sell like 2 copies in a life-time... It's too specific...
    Well, for the two people. I am going to start work on it. I honestly don't care about the masses who buy it. It's a Clickteam thing. I mean I share .mfas a ton on here, but this one I would charge for.
    I will start messing with it myself.

I was told you couldn't have the Camera from Android displayed in a Fusion made app. Yet, I did that. Even posted how I did it. There is tons of people whom say no. I just have to believe yes. Eventually, I end up figuring a way to make it work. We shall see.
    Thanks for the input though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast