Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SCREEN RECORDER Object needed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SCREEN RECORDER Object needed

I searched and searched this forum, searched the objects list, etc. Nothing. I think a Screen Recorder object would be amazing for MMF2.5DEV. Believe me, if one is made. I'd be first to buy it.

Reasons it is needed.

1) Could be a standalone application for any device ( Windows, Android, Apple ).
    2) Would make for awesome additions to games
    A. In game recordings as player beats an enemy boss, then an event is triggered to play back the last 10 seconds at a zoomed level of the player beating the boss.
    B. Players could share videos of their gameplay ( Advertising for free by word of mouth )
    C. One could make a 360 degree video by activating any number of cameras within the app.

Anyway, if you agree that Fusion could benefit from a screen recorder extension object, please comment below.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Example 360 video with an Android phone.

Front camera
    download (1).jpg

Back Camera
    download (1).jpg

Both Camera stitched together on screen and screen recorded.

download (2).jpg

To me, this would be an amazing feature.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front camera should have been this image. ugh.
    download.jpg

Back Camera
    download (1).jpg

Both Stitched on screen
    download (2).jpg

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Screen Recorder could use the Royalty Free Codec AV1
    LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV1

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an example of how a Developer could make an action trigger a screen recording to play.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, the Standalone needs no example.

However, the standalone would need the ability to draw over other apps or be added to the quick keys at the top of android devices ( I.E. Flashlight button ).

Thanks in advance

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recording a video file would be extremely inefficient and slowdown performance in general, hence why people buy external hardware to record gameplays...
    The thing you need is recording gameplay data, not in the form of video.

Through the years I've seen many ways of doing this, most of which stores position, animations and stuff on Arrays and then play it back.
    Recording button presses is far simpler, but if you want to see everything exactly as it was it becomes a lot more difficult.
    On Windows you can kinda of do it easily with "Save frame position", so lets suppose you save frame position and record the key presses from that point... It would be pretty accurate.

For mobile you most likely would need to store everything manually on an Array, in the most efficient way you can find, for example, storing only the stuff that have changed from the previous frame.

Now, about the camera part you mentioned I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... Seems completely unrelated with recording the screen...
    And no, stitching front and back camera wouldn't create a perfect stitching at all and would depend on a lot of stuff like camera position and lens size.
    You probably thought about this cause there are some 360 cameras that looks like two cameras in oposite directions, but those cameras have actually a pretty wide angle, something like a fisheye lens that can cover a lot more area.
    Phones like Samsung Galaxy S series actually have a feature to record both cameras, although in PIP mode, and I can assure you that one image wouldn't perfectly stitch too the other.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Recording a video file would be extremely inefficient and slowdown performance in general, hence why people buy external hardware to record gameplays...
    The thing you need is recording gameplay data, not in the form of video.

Through the years I've seen many ways of doing this, most of which stores position, animations and stuff on Arrays and then play it back.
    Recording button presses is far simpler, but if you want to see everything exactly as it was it becomes a lot more difficult.
    On Windows you can kinda of do it easily with "Save frame position", so lets suppose you save frame position and record the key presses from that point... It would be pretty accurate.

For mobile you most likely would need to store everything manually on an Array, in the most efficient way you can find, for example, storing only the stuff that have changed from the previous frame.

Now, about the camera part you mentioned I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... Seems completely unrelated with recording the screen...
    And no, stitching front and back camera wouldn't create a perfect stitching at all and would depend on a lot of stuff like camera position and lens size.
    You probably thought about this cause there are some 360 cameras that looks like two cameras in oposite directions, but those cameras have actually a pretty wide angle, something like a fisheye lens that can cover a lot more area.
    Phones like Samsung Galaxy S series actually have a feature to record both cameras, although in PIP mode, and I can assure you that one image wouldn't perfectly stitch too the other.
    Actually, using a Screen Recorder does not effect any of my games FPS. Not on Windows or on my Android Devices.

2nd, I have already implemented Both Cameras on Android stitched and the effect is what is shown. No, it is not a perfect 360, but it is both sides of the device on one Video. Hence, the Screen Recorder part to record the two videos as one.

Not very helpful, but thanks anyway for the Comment.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Example of an Android's Camera, in app. Not both, just one. I never recorded both or even saved the .mfa, do to there being no Screen Recorder object.

LINK: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/107810-ANDROID-CAMERA-DISPLAYED-IN-APP-*-Finally-figured-a-way-to-do-it-*?highlight=android+camera

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you say so... But I work with video editing and visual effects for 15 years and I'm also currently making extensions.

A screen recorder works by taking 24-60 screenshots per second and combining these in a video file, there's two ways it can go:
    - Uncompressed (huge file sizes, low CPU/GPU usage)
    - Compressed (intensive CPU/GPU usage during recording)

Usually the mobile screen recorders goes for uncompressed, sometimes it compress it after recording, which can take some time.
    On Windows, most will use dedicated hardware for compressing, either from the GPU (Eg. Nvenc) or CPU (Eg. Quick Sync), hence why it's fast but still can affect performance.
    But it all depends on your core count and how it's distributed, some games like Fusion one's will use a single core, leaving a ton of cores for recording (but still, if you don't allocate it for the softwares specifically it can affect).
    Fusion games are usually lightweight if you program it well, but try setting your fps to 1000, uncheck Vsync and turn on a recorder to see how much your max fps will decrease.
    You usually don't see the fps drop cause if the drop still above 60 you won't ever see it unless you unlock your fps, but I see many users struggling to keep 60 fps even on high end computers, those wouldn't handle screen recording.

About the camera thing, as far as I know, the device must support the usage on both cameras through software and hardware, they don't do it not cause they think it's a 'dumb idea', it's because they can't.
    Hence why many high end devices have it in their built-in camera apps, cause these can handle it.
    For this very exact reason you can't use the flashlight while using the camera if not from the camera app itself.

If you really want to check this out, I suggest hiring a mobile ext-dev, it can be quite expensive and results may not live up to expectations.
    Cause any programmer that knows how this works wouldn't even try to do something that would cripple the performance...
    Technically you could do the uncompressed one yourself by taking tons of screenshots and then playing it back, of course would be better to transform it to a proper video format but that would require a extension as well.
    (Spoiler: I get 14 fps on my Galaxy S21 Ultra while doing this)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast