User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Android copy/Load image using file object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android copy/Load image using file object

I am able to successfully copy and load a image using the file object in windows using:

FileSelReturn$( "File" ) Apppath$ + "PictureCopy.jpg"

I want to place a copy of a file in a folder easily accessible to the user on android. I would like to keep my existing code using the file object, it says the file object is compatible with android.

FileSelReturn$( "File" ) ExternalStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "M/PictureCopy.jpg"

does not work.

I don't see the folder "m" in external storage?

How do I create a folder? or is there something else I am missing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using the file object
    create directory
    ExternalStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "m"
    does not work.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    is not working because your path is incorrect

ExternalStorageDirectory$( "Android object" ) + "/" + "M/PictureCopy.jpg"

but for these you need write external storage , something that you can't use above 10,
    and read external storage
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using:

Build:31
    Minimum:5.1
    Target: 10

To understand, are you saying that when implementing this and compatibility:

Running Android 11, I will be unable to write to external storage, but a device running 10 and down can?

or

Running Android 11, but using target android 10 that this will be backwards compatible with android 11 devices and still work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also to verify:

data storage directory: hidden and inaccessible to user, though allows copy, delete, read and write to it

temp directory: not permanent storage

external storage directory: make a local folder found on device storage (not sd card) /storage/emulated/0 that allows read,write, copy, delete - also accessible to user, not hidden

Public storage: I am unsure how this works or is located? Can I make a folder here that allows read,write,copy,delete, and is accessible to user?

secondary storage: requires a sd card, folder that can use read,write,copy, delete, accessible to user, not hidden

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    yes please read about scopestorage https://developer.android.com/about/...rivacy/storage

and here https://developer.android.com/training/data-storage

data storage directory: hidden and inaccessible to user, though allows copy, delete, read and write to it --- YES

temp directory: not permanent storage --- YES & NO, in some cases could stay until device user requires more space

external storage directory: make a local folder found on device storage (not sd card) /storage/emulated/0 that allows read,write, copy, delete - also accessible to user, not hidden --- NOT ANYMORE only to version 9

Public storage: I am unsure how this works or is located? Can I make a folder here that allows read,write,copy,delete, and is accessible to user? NO, WHAT ARE PUBLIC IS PUBLICSCOPESTORAGE

secondary storage: requires a sd card, folder that can use read,write,copy, delete, accessible to user, not hidden REQUIRES STORAGE MANAGE PERMISSION https://developer.android.com/training/data-storage/manage-all-files
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your response. I read the links you sent.
    I am confused about clickteams implementation of reading and writing to device storage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In my use case:
    CREATE user accessible folder
    data storage/file.jpg COPY TO user accessible folder/file.jpg
    user accessible folder/file.jpg COPY TO data storage/file.jpg
    DELETE user accessible folder/file.jpg
    WRITE .txt to user accessible folder/file.txt

As seen, read,write,copy,delete need to be ALLOWED between (data storage) and (user accessible folder)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do I create User accessible folder?

What permissions do I select in the .mfa android properties to allow:
    read,write,copy,delete data storage
    read, write, copy, delete user accessible folder

I do not see "manage storage permission" in the android mfa properties.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    publicscopestorage create the same external public folder but for application use, whihc btw doesn't need any permission only set read_external_storage
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To confirm using location publicscopestorage
    I can:
    copy user files elsewhere to publicscopestorage, and in public scope storage Write folder,copy-delete-file, AND this folder is accessible in file manager by the user?

What do I put in this context to create a folder, with m being the folder?

PublicStorageDirectory$( "Android object", >Type Name (Pictures, Movies, Documents, DCIM, Downloads, Music, etc.)< ) + "/" + "m"

What do I put in this context to access a file?

PublicStorageDirectory$( "Android object", >Type Name (Pictures, Movies, Documents, DCIM, Downloads, Music, etc.)< ) + "/" + "m/file.jpg"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having difficulty understanding, thank you for your patience and time.

To make a new folder, I use the file object, directory actions, create a directory?

Where is publicscopestorage folder located on android storage?

Where is datastorage located on android storage?

When making a folder and manipulating files with publicscopestorage, will this do the same actions with locations in android 11 as on a device running android 10?
    In effect, implementing publicscopestorage will be backwards compatible for file locations in 10 and down?

I have spent time looking for these answers in clickteam forum/online and testing how to do it myself before asking you and can't seem to figure it out.

THANK YOU

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast