User Tag List

Thread: global value doesnt get saved

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation global value doesnt get saved

so im trying to save and load a global value in my game but its not working. i found this ini example http://www.clickteam.com/creation_materials/tutorials/download/ini_tutorial.pdf and followed it very closely but it just doesnt work for me. what im trying to do is have the player go through the level and then get sent to a cutscene, but when the player goes through the level again instead they get sent to a loading screen. i have it set in the frame "arena 1" in the first two lines: if global value Cutscene Count equals 1 then the player gets sent to frame "loading 2", and if it equals 0 then they get sent to "cutscene 1". in the frame "cutscene 1" when the counter equals 8 then 1 will be set to global value "Cutscene Count", and in "select arena" the global value should get saved and loads up when the player returns, but when global value sets to 1 in frame "cutscene 1" it sets to 0 when i get to "select arena". im not sure if i missed something from the tutorial but this should work. and also, when i press "reset" in the options menu the score doesnt reset, even though it worked before i started messing around with the global values. thanks in advance.

file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fz46d...ample.mfa/file

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For this kind of operation I highly recommend to use debugger output window (2.5+ DLC feature), which will help you precisely track which line gets on and which not. I also recommend to check on saved/loaded values as part of this debug operation. ) Hope this help, sometimes it is all about checking on

1) if value gets saved correctly and what is the value
    2) if value gets loaded correcty, what is the value loaded

3) you can verify anything in order in debugger output.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @PixelABCD im using the debugger that came with fusion to check and im pretty sure its the line on frame "select arena", i just dont know what i did wrong with it