User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is there a way to make a fastloop like this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    In fact, you can't change the loopindex from outside the loop. Cause the loop would start and finish before the action ever runs.
    That's kind of true, but not entirely:

In a sense, you're right, because we're still technically inside the "fred" loop when we change the loopindex...but only indirectly. We're directly inside the "barney" loop, yet we can meaningfully change the loopindex of "fred" from there. We can see it worked because "fred" was originally supposed to create 10 (x2) shapes, but only created 5 (x2).

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I just said cause I think they were trying something like this:

The loop would finish before even getting to the second action.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it will crash, if you continuously set it to a specific index it will never finish.
    Ok, I think that's probably what I missed

But actually, you can set the loopindex if you do it on a single iteration from within the same loop, and Fusion won't crash.

But like I said before, you still have to use up a loop to do the check & at least one condition to scope the loop step.

At that point you might as well just use conditions, seeing as it wouldn't take much of a miscalculation to crash fusion with set loopindex.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conditions means it would need to compare values on every single instance of the loop, while setting loopindex would skip this entirely. So it would be effectively doing more work.
    Here's a simple example, although the performance difference might not be much on a small loop called once, it will stack up with other events and can become a problem later on.
    So setting the loopindex is a better approach.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conditions means it would need to compare values on every single instance of the loop, while setting loopindex would skip this entirely. So it would be effectively doing more work.
    Here's a simple example, although the performance difference might not be much on a small loop called once, it will stack up with other events and can become a problem later on.
    So setting the loopindex is a better approach.

Thanks a lot! I did something like this and it appears to work perfectly.
    What I’m trying to accomplish is boost the performance of my roguelike by reducing the amount of map tiles it has to check in order to move monsters around. It went from checking a 32 x 32 grid to a (player Y-5, player X-5) to (player Y+5, player X+5) section and it’s speeding things up a bunch.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so since you already had it all set up for a higher loop you needed a simple way to adapt it to work with a smaller amount of loops, got it.
    Glad it worked!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2