User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buttons not displaying properly in android

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buttons not displaying properly in android

I am using the button object in my android application. When running the button object displays odd.

My application need to use:

landscape mode only (landscape automatic seems to work best)
    NO heading or menu
    stretch to fill
    antialiasing when resizing

The issue, as you can see in my example mfa, is that when built and deployed on the android phone the buttons get stretched and the font does not show in the button. If I make the button much larger it then displays, but I can not do that in my application as my application is completely built in 640x480.

On windows the buttons display just as shown in the mfa. Android seems to change them to these grey boxes that distort.

How can I get the apk to display the buttons in the original button size and display the text in the orginal size.

In the mfa is the buttons and sizes I have implemented. It is a huge undertaking, many buttons over 600 frames, to replace with active object pictures. (that I am willing to do if necessary).

It just seems to me that this is not proper how the buttons are displaying and my resolution should be supported with these button sizes.

Is there a setting I have wrong?

THANK YOU
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, changing the button size in the mfa to be larger then scales it differently in the android build (not how it is displayed in the mfa).
    I have tested using the 2 devices I have.

LG wing: 6.8"1080 x 2460 (everything else stretches out and displays correctly) BUTTONS NOT DISPLAYED CORRECTLY
    ZTE Axon M: 5.2" 1080 x 1920 ( everything else stretches and displays correctly) BUTTONS NOT DISPLAYED CORRECTLY, stretched different than the lg wing
    2160x 1920 dual screen stretched mode: (everything else stretches and displays correctly) BUTTONS NOT DISPLAYED CORRECTLY, stretched
    different than single screen mode

I have changed the android display output to be center, fit inside black bars, neither make a difference as I can tell.

The button object is supposed to be compatible with android. There must be something I am doing wrong. I can't imagine that scaling so broken for this basic and frequently used object.

I also disabled use system font in text objects as it makes my edit boxes display wrong, and have tried disabling system font in the button options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the clone feature to make my app 1920 x 1080. this dramatically raised the size of the buttons but still they appear half cut off and not displaying properly

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Buttons are object meanwhile string are drawn directly to surface, you have to provide enough space to text to fit, did you try ASB object as button.

I will check if something is different with latest beta which is using a new framework.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this example mfa it shows that:

With the same dimensions and font the ASB object displays correctly as the BUTTON object does not when exported to apk

I believe there is a bug with the button object.

Is this something you will fix?
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please update me when you get a chance if this is a bug that will be fixed. I hope it is fixed because buttons are largely implemented in my app. Thank you for your time and patience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    using the newest beta and buttons big enough to fit text font and size are still half cut off, same text font and size on asb with same width and length as buttons and it displays correctly. So it does seem like a bug on the button object.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am unable to use the active system box,active image because I am getting java heap error building apk, while on buttons I do not. I have already changed android runtime gradle to 4096.

Attached is screen shots of a 6.8" phone vs a 11" tablet apk stretch to fill using default button sizes and the same apk using 2x vertical height at start of frame for each button

All buttons are the same size and font as the active system boxes to the right.

As button shape is different on each device using the same apk, this shows the button is not being displayed correctly with stretch to fill. I have not had this issue with any other objects.

phone default.jpg
    phone 2x.jpg
    tablet default.jpg
    tablet 2x.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bottom 2 buttons in each picture 'instructions' are not using any scaling. The first button uses size 16 font and the bottom size 14. As you can see, simply changing font size does not fix the issue as button shape is different on the phone and tablet using stretch to fill.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    there is no easy solution for buttons, it will be on my list, since the size of the buttons is trying to mimic the screen size and ratio, then some fonts sizes are not available in all devices.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast