User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Decided to mess around with Fake lighting and endless levels.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decided to mess around with Fake lighting and endless levels.

Couldn't sleep, so I decided to mess around with fusion for a bit.

I Created this as a test bed, for random endless levels. Seems pretty good so far.

Enjoy.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice effect !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work! I should make use of something like this in my game Spryke. I already have a few related effects happening, but not sunrays that burst out from behind a background object like this. They look great. So you've got a number of separate layers (sunrays foreground, train front light, possibly a separate sun glare background also?) and manipulate their alpha dynamically, right? What's the method that you use to trigger the alpha change? Is it hardcoded based on X position of the mountain layer, or does it use collision detection or something to detect when the sun graphic is being obscured by a mountain? Either way, it's well timed.

I know it's just a test, but just in case you didn't see it, make sure you fade the sunrays off into nothing at their outer edges. In full-screen, you can sometimes see the straight-line edges (see pic). Sorry if that's too nit-picky - I'm a nit-picky kind of guy

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fredetmumu , Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Nice work! I should make use of something like this in my game Spryke. I already have a few related effects happening, but not sunrays that burst out from behind a background object like this. They look great. So you've got a number of separate layers (sunrays foreground, train front light, possibly a separate sun glare background also?) and manipulate their alpha dynamically, right? What's the method that you use to trigger the alpha change? Is it hardcoded based on X position of the mountain layer, or does it use collision detection or something to detect when the sun graphic is being obscured by a mountain? Either way, it's well timed.

I know it's just a test, but just in case you didn't see it, make sure you fade the sunrays off into nothing at their outer edges. In full-screen, you can sometimes see the straight-line edges (see pic). Sorry if that's too nit-picky - I'm a nit-picky kind of guy

Yeah, I thought at first a collision with the mountain would work, but fusion sees the entire Background as a rectangle, even though it is a .png.
    So I have a counter that reads where the Mountain is. When the counter reaches a certain number - a certain number the Effect Transparency of the foreground Sun Flare get the +2 add on. When the number goes above or below those values. It does the opposite effect.

The train light gets the opposite effect from the sun flare. Both the background Sun flare and foreground sun flare are rotate slowly in opposite directions. Which if one wanted to add the colored circles to the foreground sun flare. That would looks sick too.

I wish it was as simple as a collision. When I first started messing with this. I was planning on making a daylight, night time cycle with a tiny collision object that would trigger color changes and fades across the whole landscape and all objects. However, that didn't work as mentioned above.

I tell ya, if the Active Object could support Offset. We'd be in business!

I will mess with it tonight some more. I am actually thinking of making a double active mountain layer. Basically, one is for when the background is split and the other is for the other side of the split. This way, both can have a qualifier and then the Collision goodness can occur. Thus allowing for complete light control with ease and precision. Simply because now, using the counter. I'd have to map out the entire mountain at every y value of the sun flare and that is a ton of code, for only one effect.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I noticed the sun ray. It was just a quick idea thrown in motion. It fits fine horizontal, but after a messing with it. I made the ray spin too. Which there was the problem. That was like 4:00am and I was done for the night. lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the .mfa if you guys want to mess around with it.

LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pvK...ew?usp=sharing

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the .mfa ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pvK...ew?usp=sharing ) I started messing with Active object repeats as well.

The telephone poles are not a background object so collision control can be implemented and or various telephone poles by the Pick an random or flag controls.
    I was planning on making various poles, so that they didn't repeat nonstop. Basically, some would have a cable attached, some would have a birds nest, etc.

However, it was like 4:00 am, so I had to stop playing.

Anyway, I will mess with it some more tonight and just keep updating the .mfa above.

If you do mess with the .mfa above, please share what you create here.

Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed it. Now the mountains control the Sunlight Flare. I made the mountains 2 of the same Active objects. 1280 width. Basically, the x value is 1280 - 0. Once the mountain reaches 0, it gets placed back at 1280. I also added a round SUN FLARE CONTROLLER. This way, you get the flare prior and before the sun is completely covered. Like real life. I will upload a sample soon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demo vid looks awesome really good work. The dl mfa is showing errors on load for missing files. Mountain, car, trees.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4t View Post
    Demo vid looks awesome really good work. The dl mfa is showing errors on load for missing files. Mountain, car, trees.
    I just uploaded a new version to the same link above. It was missing the Grass, Railroad track and Trees. The new .rar has them in it.

I also changed the way the Sun Flare works and added a DAYTIME / Night Time Cycle. Uploading the video now.

Thanks C4t

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast