User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Decided to mess around with Fake lighting and endless levels.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VBEinc View Post
    Any chance you could make an .mfa that shows how to do the collision detector? I assume a qualifier by some sort. I have not messed with the Background objects much, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I do it basically as you did. But I test for a qualifier instead of a single active, since I have many objects that should potentially block the sunrays. I'm not sure what you mean by "background objects"; all of my graphics are just normal active objects.

Because the objects that might want to block the sunrays exist on different layers, I run the collision check in a fastloop. The fastloop moves the collision detector through each of the relevant layers one-by-one, each time checking to see if it hits one of my background objects (event #3182). It also checks to see if it hits one of my foreground platforms (event #3181), though it only needs to do this once, as they are all on a single layer (layer 30).

If anything is found to collide during this fastloop, a flag is set, which triggers event #3187 or #3189, where the alpha is modified, in much the same way that you do it. (I use alpha blending coefficient instead of semi-transparency, as that's what I'm used to). The windyMedium/wavyFast/gentleSlow things are just some extra randomised/sinewave-based numbers that I calculate elsewhere in my code; they just add a little subtle variation to the way the sunrays behave.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. I thought maybe you had an Active Background Image with the Fine Detection thingy going. Yeah, I use actives myself for everything. Just seems easier. Thank you for sharing this. The Blending thing is new to me and looks interesting. I will try to make something. Maybe I can figure out using the blending, how to cast rays on objects too. That would be Beautiful.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention. I was thinking about Creating a shadow object thing. So this way as you progress through a level. The sun would make like fake shadows of all the objects depending on where the level moved, versus the sun.

If I have time and it works. I will make an .mfa of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3