Thread: display minutes seconds with decimal point or comma

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

display minutes seconds with decimal point or comma

Hi

as the title saying, i have counter that count gameplay time and i want to display it at the end of the game, but i don't want it to display it as seconds (i configured the timer to count in seconds). instead, i want the display to show hours minutes and seconds like 10.3 or 10,3..what ever easy and gives the player easy way to view his gameplay time instead of doing the math of 300 seconds.

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking for solution i have found the date & time object and it seems to fits my needs perfectly, i changed it to stop watch, but there is still problem: when the game change frame, the stop watch starts from zero instead of keep counting the time from the first frame, so i looked for option to make the date & time object global, but it looks like there is no option to do so, so how can i continue the count of the stop watch from one frame into the next and so on?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can store it on a global value before switching frames and then load it back on the stop watch on the new frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can you please create little example ?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm actually it wouldn't work, it seems like you can't set the stopwatch time.
    Try the built-in Timer instead.

Stopwatch.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but, the counter doesn't give me the display of h:m:s, so player will have to do the math, to get how many minutes he played and it is not so bad, but i guess that this is the only solution.
    thanks a lot NaitorStudios, i very much appreciate the effort.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just need to do the math. You can convert timer into whatever you want. By default it will be a second divided by 1000.
    Here's another example where I used it, but in this case I've set the timer to a negative value for making a countdown (it's buggy, a unintended behavior that I was exploiting).
    Optimally you should store the timer value from the first frame and use in the next one, adding it to the equation, instead of setting the Timer value, cause it will mess with Timer conditions.

Negative Timer as Countdown.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow..this is too complicated for my skills lol
    me and math are pretty far from each other.
    thanks anyway my friend.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not the best at math either :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this code lines with all the $$ lol.. makes me scared rofl
    maybe i will look into deeper tutorials about the counters and it will help me to understand the potential how to work with it.

actually, it is my last task in the project i am working on, all left to do is reface (reshape the graphics and colors, positions etc) and also savegame, and it is ready.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast