User Tag List

Thread: Android notifications freely without buying from ClickStore?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android notifications freely without buying from ClickStore?

Hello,

I've been messing around with Android. A lot of things I have questions on. Today, it's about the notifications. Especially push notifications.

Is it possible to push notifications freely without buying the extension from the ClickStore without the app running?

I've been messing around with the dialog objects - two of them. But the thing is that it doesn't seem clear as to what the time is; is it daily? Would I be able to set the time of when the notifications go up?

There's no examples of the new object.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither of those will work with the app closed, it may work if you set the app to run in the background, but once the app gets killed by the system it's gone.
    Also, it must consume a lot of battery by keeping the entire app running in the background, a specialized extension would be a lot more efficient.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Neither of those will work with the app closed, it may work if you set the app to run in the background, but once the app gets killed by the system it's gone.
    Also, it must consume a lot of battery by keeping the entire app running in the background, a specialized extension would be a lot more efficient.
    Okay.

Theoretically speaking, if the application would still be running in the background, then how would I be able to get the application to send push notifications at a certain time of day everyday?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the thing, you can't without a extension that adds a service that can run with the app closed.
    I presume you can call a notification through normal events like comparing the time or something if you enable it to run in the background, but it will only work with the app minimized until it gets killed by the system to save resources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    That's the thing, you can't without a extension that adds a service that can run with the app closed.
    I presume you can call a notification through normal events like comparing the time or something if you enable it to run in the background, but it will only work with the app minimized until it gets killed by the system to save resources.
    Okay. Quite expensive for a messing around project. I just want to learn. But oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already implemented notification at time of day while the app is running in foreground successfully.

when the app in minimized, it DOES NOT display notifications to the system. I have unchecked "end application when not in foreground".

I believe android intent Set_Alarm is needed, but I do not know how to do that. I posted a thread for help.

https://bugbox.clickteam.com/threads/109064-How-to-set-alarm-intent?p=770033#post770033