User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Calendar Object Crashes- What am I doing wrong?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having difficulty using the 'getcalendarsqty' command.

I make a local calendar with the calendar object
    Then using a asb I use getcalendarqty to store the id for use in making events to my local calendar.

On my lg wing it works correctly and returns the correct calendar id
    on my samsung galaxy tab it returns the wrong id.
    I uploaded screenshots here of my mmf code, as well as screenshots of the device calendar id's as read by calendar toolbox by whitebox on google play , as well as a catlog of the galaxy tab:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...wr?usp=sharing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    getcalendarqty gets the number of calendars present at the time the command is issued (not accurate for this tablet, perhaps due to samsung calendar?)

I do not see any other way to read what the id of my local calendar created with calendar object is other then using getcalendarqty command right after making calendar with calendar object.

This makes it very easy to lose the calendar id of the local calendar made with the calendar object. You can not use getcalendarqty in the same line you create the calendar, you can also not use getcalendarqty in a timed event in that line the calendar is created. So the only way I have found is if the user presses a object or active system box to the retrieve. If this button is bypassed by app exit or the user make another calendar themselves inbetween then getcalendarqty will return the wrong number and you will not be able to know what id to write events to on the local calendar created.

Why is there not a 'create local calendar with local id = #' or 'retrieve calendar id by calendar name' command?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Calendar id is assigned by the device, not the object, you create and read then you have calendar qty and a list of them
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    verified my highest calendar id is 6 using calendar toolbox then opened my app and
    1. Created local calender using calendar object
    2. used read calendar
    3. used get calendar qty = returned value 6 (should of returned 7)

checked calendar id of calendar created with calendar object using calendar toolbox= calendar id is 7
    opened app and
    1. used read calendar
    2. used get calendar qty= returned value 6

6 is incorrect. It should be returning 7

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    can you check if any of this calendar have no name?

============================

Some manufacturers create empty calendars with no names, so the database won't be created with user first use, but instead from factory.

If a calendar has no name is not to be used.

Object should use ID according to this, I will check here
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it looks like there is a calendar with no name.

id 2 = holidays in united states
    id 3 = family calendar
    id 4 = Mom calendar
    id 5 = contacts
    id 6 = personal calendar
    id 7 = calendar made with calendar object

id 1 is not listed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have worked around this issue by creating 2 local calendars then performing a read operation to find the calendar number. This ensures that on devices that have a 'invisible' calendar that the first calendar created acts as a buffer calendar.

So if there is no invisible calendar: events will be written on the 2nd created calendar

If there is a invisible calendar: events will be written on the 1st created calendar.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    you must present a small mfa for me to check what you are doing. My test and others implementation seems to be OK as reported by users.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3