User Tag List

Thread: Allow video player behind actives - suggestion

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Allow video player behind actives - suggestion

Hey there! It'd be cool if the video player object could be displayed behind actives and frames objects, just as if it respected layer hierarchy as well.

It would be incredibly useful to make cooler looking menus and stuff. Hope you consider it!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you already can with Active Direct Show...
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AkB...ew?usp=sharing

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I‘m afraid this doesn’t work on Android/iOS ?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh didn't saw it was for mobile.
    Although I don't think it's much efficient to have a video on mobile, it takes a lot of storage...

I'm guessing the extension can't do this cause the frame is rendered in a separated canvas, all native elements are rendered in another canvas above it.
    The only possible way to make this work, would be if Clickteam update the extension to render the video frames and then copy it to the Fusion canvas, but it definitely will have a performance/memory impact.

My suggestion is exporting the video into frames with FFmpeg and then importing it to a Active object, to make it far more efficient, change compression to JPEG, it will remove alpha channel but I'm not expecting you to have alpha channel in a video anyway...
    This would make it smaller and faster, perhaps more than a true video.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really thought of that, so I tried it out. While it works fine, i've noticed it heavily affects the frame loading time which doesn't happen with the video player.