I've mooched off members generosity here for a while now so I thought I'd add a contribution for once
Requires CTF 2.5+ (not tested on previous/other editions)
What is in it:
Extensionless integer window scaling using a sub app:
- uses only default objects
- supports pretty much any resolution
- landscape or portrait
- easily resize window/fullscreen
- uses sub apps
- easy to use, 2 global values to set and you're good to go, 1 global value to adjust window size (in this example it's small/large/fullscreen)
- keeps pixel art looking good
- compact widget/low cost
- your main game will be displayed in a sub app
Since the integer scaling uses a sub app, it made sense to make a pause menu
- popup menu example for pause menu/options menu/dialog box/input box
- example includes options menu for changing screen size and text speed, saving and loading from ini
- example includes an input popup, passing text back between sub apps
And finally, a Text blitting widget, updated and modified for CTF 2.5+, based off some old work by Chris Burrows. Uses active objects. Fairly light weight and fast, about 100 lines plus 5 or 6 more to utilize it.
- Requires String Parser object - thanks to the commenter below for pointing out that String Parser isn't a default object!
- full, automatic wrapping, horizontally and vertically, auto pause and resume on any condition you want
- easily place text anywhere on the screen
- multiple "batches" of text so you can control multiple text areas and remove them individually (by tagging the letters)
- automatic line break insertion
- easy text changes using basic markup language in your text. For example: to change text |ggreen and then back to |wwhite. You could expand on this to do a lot of different stuff if you wanted!
- support for fixed width and variable width character maps (examples of each)
- input blitting
- easy to use
Hopefully this can be of use to some of you!
Main Download Link from OneDrive