User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the most efficient method on having visual color effects on actives?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the most efficient method on having visual color effects on actives?

Hello, in some games, when an enemy is about to do something you can counter, they flash with a yellow hue, when they're on low health, they have a red hue, or when getting hurt, they briefly flash white completely.

Having a copy of each active with only the needed color attached to the main active and becoming visible feels like a clunky solution, is there some shader or built in effect that is more effective than this method?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a effect/shader, there are many shaders you can use for this, are you on the official discord? It would be easier for me to help you out with it there...

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not, where can I find a link?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I normally do what you describe using animations. Setting up different animations and then changing to each one depending on what state the enemy is in.

Would be interested to see a way of doing it with shaders as i never use them. Maybe Nator can share a solution here also so otheres can benefit from seeing it and it being here for other users that might also be interested.

I like discord but one downside is that things are not organized like the forum. You can find the discord link in the clickteam passport page on this forum.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it Click converse? There's an ID on that page but adding it to the end of a normal discord invite link says it is either invalid or expired. Searching "clickteam discord" led me to the click converse server but I'm not sure if this is the right one.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4t View Post
    ....discord but one downside is that things are not organized like the forum
    Quite an understatement. I personally find it to be the most chaotic and unpleasant website I've ever had to use. I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy navigating it; I feel like my blood pressure rises and my IQ drops about 50 points the moment I enter it.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MegaShaderPack/ShaderPack/Looki's shader pack has a Coloring folder which has a Simple Mask effect, it can fill a object with a specific color and has a parameter to fade between the original color and the selected color.

Here's the link, will need to verify your account there to get access to the appropriated channels: https://discord.com/invite/R3WuvF3mHr

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An easy way to get the red tint flash effect is to use the built-in RGB coefficent effect. Do something like:

* Collision between bullet and enemy
    enemy : Set RGB coefficient to 255

and depending how long you want the effect to be set up some form of counter (I prefer to use the objects alt values by frame loops rather than time) and to turn it back to the original color use:

enemy : Set RGB coefficient to 16777210

(Colors are calculated using this formula: "Set RGB Coefficient : allows you to change the RGB coefficient. Parameter = new RGB value, in the following format : B*65536 + G*256 + R (you can also use the GetRGB function of the Special object to build a RGB value from R,G,B components)")

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use what contra said, but that will tint it, not fill it with a color, for example, the darker the original color is the less affected it will be.
    You don't need to calculate the RGB value you can use GetRGB( >redvalue<, >greenvalue<, >bluevalue< )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Quite an understatement. I personally find it to be the most chaotic and unpleasant website I've ever had to use. I honestly don't know how anyone can enjoy navigating it; I feel like my blood pressure rises and my IQ drops about 50 points the moment I enter it.
    nEw fOrUM UuPdate SoOn
    7 month passed

and removed edit button and half of the forum existing functionality...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast