User Tag List

Thread: HTML5 placement of Joystick and buttons

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML5 placement of Joystick and buttons

Hi,

I seem to have a problem positioning my joystick and buttons with a simple HTML5 game I'm putting together. No matter what I try the joystick always places on the bottom left of the screen and the buttons on the bottom right of the screen when displayed on an iPad or iPhone. I have dozens of pages and feel I've tried every available option but just can't get them to place anywhere else on the screen on a touch screen.

Clickteam fusion Developer: R293.5
    HTML5 Exporter:
    MacOS

Joystick Placement.jpg

I have tried setting the FRAME property to Touch Joystick, and the joystick appears but at the bottom left and right (as mentioned) and then I've tried Controller by an Extension and the joystick does appear on the browser on a touch screen, but does appear on a browser on my desktop but either way the buttons are on the bottom left and right again.

FRAMEsettings1.png
    FRAMEsettings2.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm run out of ideas.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ** UPDATE **

I reinstalled Clickteam Fusion R293.1 (current release) as I was running R293.5 (beta) and everything is working as expected. I can not place the joystick and buttons anywhere
    I'll now try and install the latest beta to see whether the problem is corrected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ** UPDATE **

Looks like a bug has been introduced in Build 293.2 (beta). From that version onwards I'm unable to position the joystick on HTML5 touch screens, but under the current release Build 293.1 everything works great.

Are you able to look into this? I'm currently running Build 293.5 (beta) as I'm doing iOS development at present and need this release due to the ADmobile issue which is fixed in that release, but the HTML5 issue means I need to go back to 293.1 for it to work.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It seems OK here, the joystick is apparently at the correct position. I've just tested on an iPod Touch, an Android device and a PC desktop touch screen with a very simple test app built with the build 293.9 (and I don't see any change that could affect this since the build 293.1).

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Could you post a simple example? Fernando tested it on his iPad and it seems OK too.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PS: did you select both "Resize display to fill window size" and "Fit inside" options in the app properties? I think you need to select this if you want your app to be identically displayed on all devices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    PS: did you select both "Resize display to fill window size" and "Fit inside" options in the app properties? I think you need to select this if you want your app to be identically displayed on all devices.
    Hi Yves,

First thanks for the fast review of my issue.

It was a late night so with fresh eyes this morning I used the same example but built using my Windows PC with the same release 293.5 and then uploaded to another webserver and it worked as it did for you. I then tried my Mac and it didn't so I deleted Clickteam Fusion and reinstalled 293-5 (beta) and upload to my webserver and this time it worked. It looks like I had a problem with my Mac compiling and this isn't an issue with Clickteam.

Again thank you for looking into this for me so quickly.