Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can you have two screens?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Can you have two screens?

I want to have two screens, like a split screen, for two players. How would I go around making it so that objects, specially large ones, from one screen can't be partially seen in the other one when they are close to the edge?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of ways, each one with its own caveats...

You can use Viewport or a shader (ZoomBox for example) to pick a part of the frame, but this means you have to set your app resolution to the size of the whole frame, meaning it would use a lot more resources...
    This way with a shader of Viewport you can have two or more "windows" showing a part of the frame...

The other way would be loading the same frame into two subapps, by default these would be independent, but you could program a way to sync stuff happening between both instances, like the other player's position, destruction of enemies and stuff.
    Idk if this would be more efficient since it has to run double the events, I guess it's less intensive graphically, but can be a pain to set this up...

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fusion doesn't has a camera like 3D engines, so it's a pain to implement such things like zoom out or split screen......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    There are a couple of ways, each one with its own caveats...

You can use Viewport or a shader (ZoomBox for example) to pick a part of the frame, but this means you have to set your app resolution to the size of the whole frame, meaning it would use a lot more resources...
    This way with a shader of Viewport you can have two or more "windows" showing a part of the frame...

The other way would be loading the same frame into two subapps, by default these would be independent, but you could program a way to sync stuff happening between both instances, like the other player's position, destruction of enemies and stuff.
    Idk if this would be more efficient since it has to run double the events, I guess it's less intensive graphically, but can be a pain to set this up...
    Thanks for the response, any recommendations for where I can learn more about shaders? Also, my application is already at 1600x900 resolution, and the individual game frame is 548x820

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can find the ZoomBox shader here in the community, it should come with a example showing how it works...
    Once you're able to see the entire frame on the window, you can use the shader to zoom to to a specific part of it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive never tried it personally so this is very 'what if' but i wonder if you could use sub-apps to do split screen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    You can find the ZoomBox shader here in the community, it should come with a example showing how it works...
    Once you're able to see the entire frame on the window, you can use the shader to zoom to to a specific part of it
    I'm sorry but I can't find it. Looked into the shaders library here, searched for it using search tool but can't. Google wasn't a help either.
    Could you provide a link

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzbearplush View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't find it. Looked into the shaders library here, searched for it using search tool but can't. Google wasn't a help either.
    Could you provide a link
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/105504-Converting-DX9-shaders-to-DX11?p=768556&viewfull=1#post768556

Never forget to search the forum.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres a tank battle game on clickstore. it uses sub apps to do it. The example is also available as part of the patreon thats how i got it myself. Cant share it as its a paid example but can say it looks like a good way to do it. https://clickstore.clickteam.com/split_screen_example

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, unfortunatelly having trouble using the shader.
    I'm able to select it in the frame properties, input in the prefered parameters but the result is just a black screen :/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast