User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Android Game Controller help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Android Game Controller help

Hello Clickteam,

I've been driving myself around in circles for the past day trying to get the Android Game Controller to work with my Amazon Fire TV and appear to be having no luck getting any of my bluetooth games to work (even though they work with other games on the Fire TV). I started with the example files that come with the Android Game Controller and neither of these worked for me. I then created something very simple to see whether the controller would work by checking 'Is Device a Fire TV' and then updating text on the screen, but this simple test didn't work.

I then spent a few hours searching the forum and tried everything that remotely discusses Android Game Controller or Fire TV with out success.

I tested another simple Android app to move an active object around using the Fire TV remote and this worked, by simply checking Up, Down, Left, Right and Back buttons. So I comfortable that the Fire TV is working and I'm sending the app across.

I'm hoping someone has some hints they can provide me on how to make the Android Game Controller work? is there a particular Build API etc... or a setting that might not be so obvious.

Anyway I would really appreciate any help whatsoever.

Thanks in advance.
    Scott

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There is a new version published in the last days of 2021 is the version you are using?

Also, can you post what MIN, MAX and BUILD API you set in your project?

What device specifically you are using for testing?, android version, model, etc.

did you try the TestFireTVController with no luck, right?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    There is a new version published in the last days of 2021 is the version you are using?

What device specifically you are using for testing?, android version, model, etc.

Hi,

I've tested with the following, first using 293.10 (release developer version) as mentioned below i get build errors. I can build with 293.1 but the gamepad won't work.

Fusion: 293.10 (Dec 3 2021)
    Build API: 29 and 30 (tested)
    Min. Android: 7.0
    Target Android: 10.0
    Build error message: env: sh\r: No such file or directory

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Fusion: 293.3 (Jul 4 2021)
    Build error message: env: sh\r: No such file or directory

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Fusion: 293.1 (Dec 9 2020)
    Build: Ok, but no luck with getting TestFireTVController to work. Doesn't detect that it is running on Fire TV.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, forgot to add -

Device: Five TV Stick (Basic edition)
    Fire TV Home Version: 6341067/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also set up and tested on my Windows 10 PC

Fusion: 293.10 (Dec 3 2021)

This time it built without the same error I received when building from my MAC but the TestFireTVController would run on the Fire TV but not recognise the gamepad.
    I also tested on another Fire TV (newer release) with Fire OS 7 and the results are the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also forgot to mention. I'm using a 8BitDo SN30 pro bluetooth controller (also tried Nimbus) and the controller is working with Read Button state, but doesn't pick up with Android Game controller.
    Thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fernando,
    Sorry to follow up but I was hoping there might be something I can test or check to solve the problem.
    Regards
    Scott

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hi, sorry the delay.

Everything seems fine with the controllers and using the latest version 293.10, using Build API 31, min 4.4 and target 12, I need to clarify that my testing are conducted with original Amazon controllers as in this picture.

device-2022-01-12-125034.jpg

and my fire TV

Capture.jpg

just to be sure, you try the example TestFireTVController that comes with the object, right?

can you grab a log cat or with the original example see what properly work and what not
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Oh, I think I see the problem, testing with my Fire TV Toshiba, I need to add missing product in the runtime, so it can be detected when using the nexus library.

@Baggins69 can you add this

* Start of Frame
    String : Set alterable string to Product$( "Android object" )

and tell me the name you get in this string

=================================================

No need for the above request, all changes made to work with all Fire TV set, stick, cube, etc.

let me know since teh change is in the runtime for you to test.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I think I see the problem, testing with my Fire TV Toshiba, I need to add missing product in the runtime, so it can be detected when using the nexus library.

@Baggins69 can you add this

* Start of Frame
    String : Set alterable string to Product$( "Android object" )

and tell me the name you get in this string

=================================================

No need for the above request, all changes made to work with all Fire TV set, stick, cube, etc.

let me know since the change is in the runtime for you to test.

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I added the string as you requested and tested again, the result is "full_tank"
    I hope that means something to you?

Regards,
    Scott.
    Images attach馥s Images attach馥s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast