User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firefly is a let down (sorry)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Firefly is a let down (sorry)

I bought Firefly and Multimedia Fusion back in 2019 specifically because it sounded perfect for me; I make cgi and I code, and Fusion itself is just perfect. But it doesn't do realtime 3D, I sincerely believed Firefly would give me that.

First off it isn't easy and the documentation is slim, second off when I now look at stuff thats made with it (I gave up on it after seeing it would only allow .X objects with very poor animation) it just can't hold up to modern games. Heck the quality doesn't even hold up to the older late 90s games.

I don't just mean to complain about it, but to me it was a let down and I just felt like I needed to let you guys know. Now if Fusion could one time truly do realtime 3D like build in, and you could import FBX characters and those animations, as well as the capability to just make entire level scenes, that'd be perfect. If it would be made just as easy as it is to make any 2D game, yet with quality that holds up. Now don't get me wrong I'm not expecting Red Dead Redemption or Matrix Awakens type quality, but come on now, you just can't come with the graphics it offers right now.

Oh and on top of everything else Firefly crashes, a lot. It can barely hold any object and it will just crash out. And trust me, my machine(s) are definitely up to par to be able to handle it.

Just my 2cts, please don't be angry because I don't mean any of this in a vicious way.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Firefly was relevant people didn't invested on it, not a lot of people have bought it back then.
    So they couldn't maintain it for long, although they had many plans, the developers of Firefly left Clickteam, it has stopped development long time ago in a beta.
    Of course it won't compete with 3D focused engines, specially with development stopped for years.
    But I don't know why just recently people started getting interested on Firefly, if these people had bought it years ago, perhaps it would be better today, now it won't receive any new updates.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fbx files work, are you using the latest version?

Bugsnax https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXUhUK9a3Vs
    Octodad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03rP_O2k8XM

These were made with irrlicht so those type graphics might be achievable in firefly depending on the aesthetic you are going for and your ability.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorman View Post
    I gave up on it after seeing it would only allow .X objects with very poor animation
    Wrong it supports many more including .FBX with animations, specifically with mixamo characters in mind

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorman View Post
    and you could import FBX characters and those animations, as well as the capability to just make entire level scenes, that'd be perfect.
    should already be perfect then as it allows you to load a complete level made in various external engines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see any newer version in my downloads? where can I get the latest version of firefly? I'd love to try FBX in it

Thank you for your replies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    specially if it would work with Mixamo that would be completely excellent for me

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last version was a beta, are you on the latest beta?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the ones i'm on?:

05/31/2019 06:12 PM 59,875,216 fireflysetup.288.2.170310.exe
    05/31/2019 06:12 PM 59,383,280 fireflysetup.290.4.171222.beta.exe
    05/31/2019 06:12 PM 59,566,248 fireflysetup2880161219.exe
    05/31/2019 06:13 PM 57,935,680 fireflysetup_161130.exe

I'm sorry i'm a bit of a dinosaur (I'll be 48 soon) if you could point me to wherever I can download any updates i'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    last 2 versions are part of normal fusion installer now 262+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so it just comes installed with the latest update of fusion? because in that case just to be sure i'll run the update again. is there also a way to see the version of firefly i have? and which version of firefly would be the latest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast