User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Polygon-based A* Pathfinding Example (extensionless)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @aenever
    Nice examples!. much appreciated!.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MEHRDAD I think I've done. It seems to be working pretty much perfectly. It was definately easier to implement than I though. I've divided the 32 directions between the 8 directions as best I could. It doesn't split evenly, even though 32 divided by 8 is 4. The base directions are 0, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 and 28. That means either the traditional 4 directions or the diagonal directions will need to have extra directions designated to them to space out the directions.

In my example, I've chosen the tradition 4 directions to have the extra directions; yet it should be easy enough to change it if needed. For example if you'd rather the diagonals have more than the 3 directions set to them, you could give them more of the 32 directions from the tradition 4 directions.

Anyway, here you go I hope it helps out. I hope it helps others too if they wanted to implement 8 direction turn around animations pp34 Dir instead of Angle + Turn Around.mfa

PS. I reduced the colours again to minimise the file size; you might want to copy over the objects and lines to the original .mfa that Sketchy / MuddyMole most generously shared.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's SO GREAT!!
    Only a little issue: Character has move when "turn animation" is playing. I do not want the character to move during the "Turn animation" and after finish turning walk it go to the direction

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see, hopefully that shouldn’t be too hard to change. Although it might take some time and a bit of experimenting. I’ll look into it

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEHRDAD View Post
    It's SO GREAT!!
    Only a little issue: Character has move when "turn animation" is playing. I do not want the character to move during the "Turn animation" and after finish turning walk it go to the direction
    Solved, and it was even easier than I thought to fix. In line 122, just add a negated if the turn animation is playing I even tested with animation speed very low to make sure. It works perfectly.

pp34 Dir instead of Angle + Turn Around.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome!!!. It works right perfectly. Thanks so much @aenever

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem, glad to help.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4