User Tag List

Thread: suggestions related to shaders for the future update

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb suggestions related to shaders for the future update

I love shaders, I really love shaders. But look, I have a few problems with them. The first thing I hate is they are windows only. I mean - come on! Why can't they be used in other exporters yet? This is probably my biggest problem (related to shaders ofc) ! Okay, second thing - there's a option to apply shader to the whole frame in frame properies. I wish I could do that also in application properties, I mean applying shaders to the whole application. I know you can create a global event "start of frame" -> "set frame effect (or smth)" but yeah, I would prefer it to be in appliaction properties right away. Okay, the last thing I want you to add ability to add more than one shader per object / layer / frame / (application). I sometimes find it really annoying. For example, when I want to give an object a shader bloom and at the same time color adjust .

So yeah that's all I wanted to suggest.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoniax_Gejms View Post
    Okay, the last thing I want you to add ability to add more than one shader per object / layer / frame / (application). I sometimes find it really annoying. For example, when I want to give an object a shader bloom and at the same time color adjust .
    I know what you mean by this point. I've had to do workarounds by adding a shader to an active object and then add a shader to a layer, just to stack the shaders. The problem is then if it needs to collide with an object on another layer, I have to create special colliders on the correct layer and follow the position of the object on its own layer since I'm using layer shaders. Would LOVE to be able to stack shaders on objects.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC somewhere staff said that Fusion will move to OpenGL in the future, and shader for all platforms will come then. (Maybe F3)
    Actually now you can see some basic shaders in Android runtime, but they are not open to user.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't have shaders on other exporters at the moment cause Windows is the only platform that uses this renderer/shader programming language (Direct3D / HLSL)
    Android uses OpenGL, iOS/MacOS uses Metal 2, HTML5 uses WebGL (GLSL)...
    So either shaders would need to be each reprogramed for these platforms or they would need to implement a transpiler, a piece of software that automatically converts these, problem is that some shaders might not behave the same, so maybe some would still need to be manually tweaked.
    Applying a shader to the whole application doesn't make much sense, when you apply it to the frame, it applies to the sub window that has a surface where things are drawn, there's no surface that is parent of this one that you could change, so the only possibility was if setting a shader for the app was automatically applied to all frames on load, effectively the same as doing it on through global events applying to the frame so...