User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to best select one object when over instances of same object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    What I have here are 4 identical objects that overlap and I want to "select" the object that the mouse overlaps, but I only want to select one at a time even though the mouse might actually overlap several at a time. The most "logical" way I find is to insert in the condition to select one object at random, but the problem then is that it selects one object at random every frame so it ends up flickering between all the objects the mouse is overlapping.
    Just to answer that part of your question, and this might not be what you want, but I would have thought it more normal to pick the front-most object.
    If you're only targeting the windows runtime, I believe the "Select Object" extension can let you do that in a single line. If not, you can use the fact that the "Spread value in alterable value" action assigns values in order from front to back. Something like this:

+ Always
    -> Object: Set alterable A to -1

+ Mouse is over object
    + Player clicks
    -> Object: Spread value 0 in alterable A

+ Mouse is over object
    + Player clicks
    + Object: Alterable A == 0
    -> Object: Do stuff...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    Is this what you're after?

Attachment 31061

Thank you, but no I want the frame animation to continue on like nothing have happened. Not freeze on any one frame as you move the mouse over it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I:E the frame animation should not be affected by the mouse over.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not actually stopping the animation, but switching between two animations because of the Always event.
    It's easy to solve tho. Also, please join the discord server, we can talk instantly there
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    It's not actually stopping the animation, but switching between two animations because of the Always event.
    It's easy to solve tho. Also, please join the discord server, we can talk instantly there
    Thanks for the example but I notice it does not work right here either. The animation frame jumps to frame 1 when you mouse over. So the animation frame could be on 3 but as soon as you mouse over it jumps back to 1.

Is "Click Converse" the discord server? I am a member there but which channel is often used since I don't see so many channel categories on it, is "clicktips"? the place to ask for help?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This any good?
    Selectmm.mfa

Note the "Do not reset current frame duration..." option in the compatibility section of the object's runtime properties.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could simply use animation directions instead of separated animations, this way it won't reset the animation frame and wouldn't require storing it anywhere.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can narrow down selection based on z-order the layer object might be useful iirc

Clicker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    This any good?
    Selectmm.mfa

Note the "Do not reset current frame duration..." option in the compatibility section of the object's runtime properties.
    This seems to do it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2