User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Support for Steam Deck

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vsync off?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Vsync off?
    Definitely had vsync off for several tests, including 120fps and 144fps.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my USB-C dock yesterday and did some more testing. The dock is capable of 4k 60hz max, so I didn't expect anything higher than that, but there's no change in FPS across the board from several tests with and without vsync - it's a solid 57fps.
    Tested Venture Kid and some other apps in my library and they all consistently ran at 57fps as well. It's not terrible, but does create constant microstutters every 1 second that are definitely noticeable to me. But, again, SteamOS is using a wrapper to make Windows apps work, so it's not entirely surprising something is amiss.

EDIT: Another test I forgot to mention is I tested various games outside of the Gaming Mode within the Desktop Mode environment. I also tested my game across the board using my debug menu and got 57fps with and without Steam overlay, even in Desktop mode. Just wanted to rule out the Gaming Mode part of SteamOS at least.

ANOTHER EDIT: I've realized that using the sub-app (modal mode) as my pause menu causes the pause menu to run at a solid 60fps. However when I strip an MFA to only that pause screen and launch it on Steam Deck without actually using the sub-app function, it runs at 57fps again. So, a sub-app runs at the intended 60fps, but the main app doesn't.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my Steam Deck about a week ago and just updated my game with some fixes to smooth things out. Game ran at an okay 50-55 fps normally, but turning a few effects down got me to 57-60fps. Did need to extend some end-of-frame and start-of-frame moments as fades wouldn't complete, or looping sounds would come in early and kind of cram together before actually playing. But now that I've patched some cleanups it's running great!

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I FINALLY figured out the issue so I'll post it here for all who may find this useful.

The issue is that for some reason the Vsync toggling in D3D11 mode doesn't work on the Steam Deck UNTIL the frame is either reloaded or a new frame is loaded. Yves fixed this in a recent beta with D3D11 so I can only presume the issue has something to do with Steam Deck's Proton wrapper. The toggling works in D3D9, but I swear it wasn't the other day so maybe there was a hotfix in Proton.

So there you have it - the frame must be reloaded or a new frame loaded when toggling Vsync on Steam Deck.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings Wonderful Creatives!I was able to get my Fusion games playing on Steam Deck with minimal technical issues with Lutris/Wine from the Discover online repository in Desktop Mode.

lootrons1982_steamdeck3picsmed.jpg

I put my game on sale here to celebrate: https://itch.io/s/78120/blocktober-f...leInstructions for how I got my 3 Fusion games that I have tried so far working properly on Steam Deck, hope it helps some of you all too! It took some experimenting and testing over and over but was successful! Please note that any font strings you have in your games (at least mine) may change font types or display weird.

- Steam Deck/Steam OS Usage
    :
    1) Using itch.io client app or downloading via your website account, have the .exe file on your Internal or MicroSD card storage. Save a LOOTRONS graphic off the itch.io page as your cover art for Lutris and/or Steam.

2) Make sure you have switched to Desktop Mode, go to Discover and seek out Lutris and install it.

3) Go to Add Game (top left +) and select "Add Locally Installed Game". You should be on the Game Info tab. Type in the name and release year. Leave the Runner field as "Wine (Runs Window Games)"

4) Go to the Game Options tab. Browse and navigate to the location of your "myawesomegamename.exe" executable file and leave rest of the fields alone in this tab.

5) Go to the Runner options tab. Most things in this tab you will leave alone. You will want to toggle OFF the following: Enable Esync, Enable Fsync, Enable Battleye Anti-cheat, Enable Easy anti-Cheat.

6) Go to the System Options tab. You will leave most of the settings here alone as well at their defaults. Prefer System Libraries should be toggled ON, Disable Screen saver ON, Enable Feral GameMode ON, Xephyr Fullscreen ON (it is all the way at the bottom of this tab).

7) Select Save.

8) If nothing went wrong, your game should show up and you can right click on it to Configure (where you can go to add some cover art too), if you need to change something to get the game to work the way you want. (This can apply for any Win 32bit/x64bit game.) You can also Add a Shortcut to Steam or this Desktop if you want.

9) Running the game as is, it will be small on the handheld screen in landscape/widescreen mode. If you want to play LOOTRONS 1982 in full screen portrait/rotated/TATE mode where using the touchscreen is smooth, you will want to change the Display orientation. Steam Deck Desktop Mode > Settings > Display and Monitor > choose one of the Orientation options shown and Apply.

10) Start/Play the game and make it fullscreen, enjoy!

Later, I may try to port to a native linux build, or use Wine Bottler to wrap an .exe and see how that goes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4