User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Support for Steam Deck

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend got a Steam Deck and my demo build from 2017 works fine except for the DirectShow object wouldn't played videos (likely due to the WMV format, need to try OGV) and text strings in general didn’t show anywhere. I’ve made a reservation for a Steam Deck now and would be curious if a newly built exe would fix some of these issues. Like I said, this is a build made 5 years ago so new Fusion updates make have fixed them for all I know.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    Let’s pray that clickteam will read this thread and make steamworks object open source.
    Finger crossed
    Or someone, like Looki or Phi will make a new one that is open source.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    Or someone, like Looki or Phi will make a new one that is open source.
    It's waste of time to re-invent a wheel…
    Besides, for static link dlls (dll symbols are stored in a lib file, e.g., steamworks), fusion will need these dlls both edittime & runtime, which means you need two copies of dlls, one in runtime folder, one in fusion root. However fusion itself also requires the steam dll in root folder, so here comes the conflict…

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can always link dynamically.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - I created a new build using the latest 294.4 beta of Fusion and ran through Steamworks. My friend downloaded and tested and everything worked out of the box using Proton Experimental and also worked with ProtonGE, except for FMV videos. The text string issue was resolved, however I changed the binary extraction folder from a C:\ rooted folder to AppPath$ which may have helped.

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my personal Steam Deck in today and had the opportunity to test a lot of games out made in Fusion. Several of them worked out of the box (Fort Meow, for example), others had control issues (Freedom Planet), but the strangest thing is every game I tested ran at 57fps except Freedom Planet which ran at 60fps. I’m not quite sure why that may be the case yet.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to work in general, but the only issue for Velocity Noodle is that it's not reading that a gamepad is being used. I don't know if it's the xbox/joypad extension or whatever.

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried all of the following using a completely blank exe on Steam Deck with only a single text string and zero events or other objects. Understandably, Fusion is building to a Windows EXE and the Steam wrapper is doing the work here, so that's the first thing to consider.
    Maybe something a wizard like @Yves could figure out, but I don't necessarily think it's anything with any of the applications or settings as far as I can tell, based on this light-weight test of a blank application.
    One thing I did notice is even a simply blank app running on "Standard" mode runs at 40fps, and DX8 was a low 50, despite the FPS being set to 60 in the app settings.

* Used Proton Experimental and other various versions for compatibility
    * All display modes from Standard to DX11
    * Both 16 million and 65536 graphic modes.
    * With and without Vsync. Builds were separately made with Vsync off and on by default, rather than using events.
    * With and without window maximization
    * With and without anti-aliasing. Also with these settings by default, rather than using events.
    * With and without pre-multiplied alpha
    * With and without timer based movements
    * Attempted native 1280x800 resolution of Steam Deck.
    * Lower resolution of 640x480
    * Various input/output methods of Unicode/UTF-8/ANSI
    * Attempted "Run While Minimized" option
    * Execution levels of "None" and "Invoker"
    * Disabled IME
    * Used reduced CPU usage
    * Used High Performance GPU option

EDIT: All these tests were conducted in 294.7 beta with knowledge that DX11 had a prior issue with Vsync.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, what fps does it run at if the MFA is set at something higher, like 120fps or 144fps? (Though I guess whether you can test this probably depends on the native Hz ceiling of your monitor/TV)

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Out of curiosity, what fps does it run at if the MFA is set at something higher, like 120fps or 144fps? (Though I guess whether you can test this probably depends on the native Hz ceiling of your monitor/TV)
    I haven't been able to test any frame rates with a dock connected to a higher refresh rate monitor/TV, still waiting on that to come in. I tested a blank MFA at 120fps and 144fps in standard handheld mode though, and the fps still registers at 57fps, interestingly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast