User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Fusion update looks amazing

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matheus290 View Post
    Linear Interpolation and exponential functions already exist through the Easing Object. There are other curves like elastic, bounce and others.

You can get the signal by doing a / Abs(a). But surely an internal function that indicates the signal would be welcome!

And other suggestions would also be very welcome! I've been waiting for years for Fusion to provide these functions natively hahahaha.

Yeah I'm aware easing object has these and it's one of my favorite extensions so having some of its commonly used functions built-in would be amazing

The more functions fusion has built in the better as it will reduces the overall complexity of code, avoids duplicated code
    and lowers the amount of knowledge required to use other people’s code which is great for beginners.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that some more native expressions would be very helpful. For example, I need to convert from one range to another so frequently that I found I needed to build an Excel Spreadsheet for the purpose. I type the min/max numbers into it and it spits out an equation I can paste into Fusion. But being able to just use a native expression like Remap(>Value<, oldMin, oldMax, NewMin, NewMax) would still be so much more convenient!

I use a / Abs(a) a lot too. But it can quickly bloat your expression and make it hard to read. Here's a particularly ugly one from my code:
    ( Y( "sprykeCollision" ) - YActionPoint( "omniEnemyCore" ) + 30 * OnCeiling( "omniEnemyCore" ) ) / Abs(( Y( "sprykeCollision" ) - YActionPoint( "omniEnemyCore" ) ) + 30 * OnCeiling( "omniEnemyCore" ))

This certainly would be a bit easier to read:
    Sign( Y( "sprykeCollision" ) - YActionPoint( "omniEnemyCore" ) + 30 * OnCeiling( "omniEnemyCore" ) )

Though having said that, I don't want to detract from the fantastic list of new additions that v294 is already bringing!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this update looks amazing, really great work!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really does look good. I'm so pleased you've finally found a way that lets us make a template frame to merge with our game level frames. That is a game changer. The other new features look excellent too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone explain the advantages of instances value feature? I've never been familiar with ForEach and multiple instances, it's not clear to me if this functionality will make this kind of thing easier.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ls2 View Post
    Could someone explain the advantages of instances value feature? I've never been familiar with ForEach and multiple instances, it's not clear to me if this functionality will make this kind of thing easier.
    The main difference is that you can assign a different value to separate instances at edit-time.

Let's say you have 10 guys on the frame, and you want 7 guys to display the "walking" animation and 3 guys to display the "sleeping" animation. You could make an alterable value called "sleepy", and tell Fusion to play the "sleeping" animation for any guy who has the altVal "sleepy = 1". But that wouldn't help much, because if you choose one of the guys in the Frame Editor and change his "sleepy" value to 1, it will change it for all of the guys, so all of them will be sleeping when you run the game. So you need to somehow tell Fusion which are the 3 guys who you want to be sleepy. You'll have to figure out a way to isolate those 3 guys without touching the other 7 guys, so maybe you'll need to do something like if a guy's X position is greater than 250 but less than 400, and a guy's Y position is greater than 200 but less than 350, then play "sleeping" animation. Then, assuming you got the X and Y positions correct for your guys, they'll be the only ones sleeping when you run the game. But if you decide to move one of the guys on the frame, then you may need to update your code to correctly isolate those three guys again.

With the instance value, it will be simpler. You just find your guys in the frame editor and give them all a unique instance value of, say, 99. Then you just tell Fusion if a guy's instance value is 99, play "sleeping" animation. And no matter if you move the guys around later, or add more guys, the same 3 guys will always be sleeping, because they'll continue to have their unique instance value of 99 that you set for them.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it! Thank you for this explanation Volnaiskra.

I hope CT implement an "this object has multiple instances" option someday ^^'

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely love the include frame feature. It will save me countless hours. I'm curious: what happens if a frame includes another frame, which also includes another frame. Will this become Clickception or is there a limit to how many frames can be nested?

Also, I don't suppose we have an idea of when this update will be released?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ls2 View Post
    I hope CT implement an "this object has multiple instances" option someday ^^'
    You can already count instances of objects.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    You can already count instances of objects.
    I mean an option to handle multiple instances automatically, with no user need to deal with ForEach loops — I chose a bad name for this, sorry --'

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast