User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Fusion update looks amazing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    The idea is that you can have a single frame that acts as sort of a library that gets added to other frames at runtime. So for example, in this frame that is inaccessible from the rest of the game, you can add a ton of objects and events here that are automatically applied to other frames and prevents the copy/paste work.
    I think it will be terrific for this purpose. Though I guess it mainly applies to games with many frames. But working with multiple frames has always been so painful that I converted my game to single-frame format years ago.

So I basically have one engine frame for runtime, and one* level editor frame. I was hoping to be able to use this feature to cut down on the pasting I need to do between those 2 frames, but that's probably not going to work out.

*I actually have loads of clones of the level editor level - one per level, but this feature is irrelevant to them since they need objects at edit time, so I'll always need to manually paste new objects into them anyway.

So maybe not to useful for me, definitely a good feature!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just see the Is overlapping At (X,Y) condition feature now, reading the Volnaiskra post in first page. Dude, this is awesome!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I think it will be terrific for this purpose. Though I guess it mainly applies to games with many frames. But working with multiple frames has always been so painful that I converted my game to single-frame format years ago.

So I basically have one engine frame for runtime, and one* level editor frame. I was hoping to be able to use this feature to cut down on the pasting I need to do between those 2 frames, but that's probably not going to work out.

*I actually have loads of clones of the level editor level - one per level, but this feature is irrelevant to them since they need objects at edit time, so I'll always need to manually paste new objects into them anyway.

So maybe not to useful for me, definitely a good feature!
    My project is almost complete (probably around the 90-93% mark currently) so it's too late in the development cycle to adopt this feature, but it will be really handy for future projects where I can design the engine with this in mind.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that under the new tabbed system, zoom is no longer shared by all open Frame Editors. It makes working with multiple open Frame Editors very awkward in the current system: you zoom one window, and the other automatically gets zoomed too, and often ends up centred on the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    My project is almost complete (probably around the 90-93% mark currently) so it's too late in the development cycle to adopt this feature, but it will be really handy for future projects where I can design the engine with this in mind.
    Same. It was a relatively big job (took a lot of rethinking and reconfiguring) to convert my game to a single-frame setup. But I guess that next time around, I might not need to bother, as this feature seems to make multi-frame very feasible now. It must feel great to be so close to completion of your project!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screenshot 2022-05-03 214830.jpg

It would be nice to get things like this cleaned up. I mean.... let's show a little dignity! lol

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edel View Post
    Screenshot 2022-05-03 214830.jpg

It would be nice to get things like this cleaned up. I mean.... let's show a little dignity! lol
    I've been complaining about those missing descriptions for yeeeaaars. It would probably take one guy just a couple of hours to write them all, and it'd eventually pay for itself by cutting down on the number of questions that need to be answered by confused users. Considering that Fusion is supposed to be 'the user friendly game engine', I've never understood how something like explaining a setting can be absolutely rock bottom on Clickteam's priority list.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I sometimes forget what a property is for and the missing help here could have saved me much time. Knowing the pain of adding missing documentation I bet it will take more than a couple of hours to do but it would be worth the effort.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there an official release window for this update? is it soon (couple of weeks) or further away (months)?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEatAlot View Post
    is there an official release window for this update? is it soon (couple of weeks) or further away (months)?
    Nope not yet looks pretty complete, could be this month, but when Clickteam doesn't even have an estimate, that's a bad sign.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeblo View Post
    Nope not yet looks pretty complete, could be this month, but when Clickteam doesn't even have an estimate, that's a bad sign.
    Yes, I think I would have just preferred to have not known about it. I don't seem to recall an advanced notice when 2.5+ came out, but maybe I just missed it?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast