User Tag List

Thread: My Fusion 2.5 game is being falsely identifed as a virus

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question My Fusion 2.5 game is being falsely identifed as a virus

alot of antivirus belive my game highhot is a virus and im not sure how to fix this.

if any one knows how to fix it then please tell me and i dont want to have to export the dll files seperate from the exe i want a standalone exe file

here is my virus total scan ( https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...8b5b/detection )

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Unpacked EXE, it will export multiple files instead of one but it will prevent it.
    Just make sure you export it to a dedicated folder and when sending it to someone or somewhere, to include all files in the zip.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i said in my post that i want it to be in a standalone application not with out side files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Use Unpacked EXE, it will export multiple files instead of one but it will prevent it.
    Just make sure you export it to a dedicated folder and when sending it to someone or somewhere, to include all files in the zip.
    Hey, just a question based on this.

Would you suggest then steering away from using binary files to avoid this situation as well?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that unchecking "Enable Visual Themes" may help to reduce the chances of the application getting flagged, but I'm not sure (worth a try though).

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by punchbird View Post
    Would you suggest then steering away from using binary files to avoid this situation as well?
    I think it's only a concern for EXE and DLLs...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the development world!

This is totally normal. It can mean this is a false positive or (in the worst case) that you have a virus and are infecting all exes you run.

Stand alone EXE isn't really a stand alone EXE (if it was everyone would use Fusion).
    Its a 'stub' and your game and then some other files bundled into what looks like an exe. (like a self extracting zip file)

Submitting your exe to virus total will run it through the proprietary unpacking process and will disclose the files (extensions) used in your game also packaged with it.

As Fusion is used for making quick and easy malware you will find that these extensions will trigger all AV products that are aware of the extensions used.

Each file has been 'fingerprinted' so you will need to submit your exe to each vendor it triggers for them to re-analyse and whitelist if it is in fact clean.
    If your game performs some unsavoury file/registry tasks that trigger AV products this could also be a reason for warnings.

It can take a while but every time you build a new EXE you will need to go through the same process of submitting your exe to all AV vendors it triggers.