User Tag List

Thread: Replace Color event changes all colors in active.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace Color event changes all colors in active.

I'm working on a Mega Man engine in Clickteam for the past few weeks. I wanted to add a color palette system using the Replace Color event, and it turned out pretty well. However, I've since been having repeated issues since then. Specifically, on some actives, the colors don't properly replace, and it only uses one color.

pause menu.png

Note for example, the three boxes on the lower part of the image should actually have letters on them, but the letters are part of the color palette, so it's forced into being light blue.

This isn't happening with all of the objects. So far, it has only been a major inconvenience with the pause menu, and the weapon icon below the HUD. However, I worry that this will become a re-occurring issue during development. Does anyone know of any way to fix this without having to re-write a ton of stuff?

I've seen some fixes, such as NMario84's RGB Coefficient example, but that would require a lot of re-programming to account for all four layers of Mega Man's sprite. Similarly, I've heard of using shaders, which might work, but I don't know of any shaders that do what I am describing.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace color is slow and it does replace colors from all objects because it alters the textures of it, hence why you can't undo if you turn two colors the same color.
    In modern games this has to be done with a shader, there are many options available for this, some might use textures as palettes, some multiple color parameters...
    Here's one that uses parameters, and if you want me to send the rest, would be easier if you join ClickConverse discord server!
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Replace color is slow and it does replace colors from all objects because it alters the textures of it, hence why you can't undo if you turn two colors the same color.
    In modern games this has to be done with a shader, there are many options available for this, some might use textures as palettes, some multiple color parameters...
    Here's one that uses parameters, and if you want me to send the rest, would be easier if you join ClickConverse discord server!
    This completely fixed the issue. I hadn't run into any frame rate issues with Replace Color, but this fixed the problem I was having. Thank you!