User Tag List

Thread: shading problems in firefly on animated meshes

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question shading problems in firefly on animated meshes

i have a model in FBX format, and whenever i load it into clickteam firefly 3d, the the lighting is amplified to the point it looks flat.
    this only happens with the animated mesh object, the static mesh object behaves normally with the same material.
    i was using a flat normalmap with the normalmapped solid shader, the standard solid shader just has no shading at all, it's fullbright.
    can anyone help?

after further checking around with trying every single shader type, the enviroment mapped shader was solid color, but with actual lighting, however only affected by one of the lights, somehow not the main one.
    most others are either full bright, or completely dark.

ive even tried making a completely new shader cache object and with everything on default, it was still broken in the way i described with the normal map.groggler shading issue.jpg

ive already made a tiling system and did a ton of work to make this and everything, it would be sad if a shading issue is what stops me from making a half decent game with firefly.
    im desperately looking for excuses to use this engine because i love it and the jank, but this is too much.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry to hear that, did you try the discord, there is a firefly channel on there.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you try Same material and same mesh?
    With animated and static mesh objects?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried to join the firefly discord but the link was invalid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    static mesh and animated mesh dont have any overlapping file types so i could not check with a truly identical model

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funmaker View Post
    i tried to join the firefly discord but the link was invalid
    https://discord.gg/R3WuvF3mHr

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    thanks ^^ i will check out if anyone can help me there