Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: firefly price now that it is no longer supported

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firefly price now that it is no longer supported

at its launch firefly cost 80 dollars, it was planned support, updates, a future in short.
    Now that firefly is no longer followed, but that it could still interest users like me even in the current version without improvements, why not sell it cheaper since the price is no longer justified?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can do a lot of things with Firefly if you're a masochist, you may be better off with an actual 3d software like Unity or Unreal.

It's annoying and disappointing that not only it will never be finished, but Fusion still commercializes it without mentioning the lack of support knowing it damn well.
    I remember back when the first trailer popped up, a young extension with so much future that... stayed as a young extension but without a future.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can join the Pateon and get it much cheaper.

Firefly Supporter
    $20 per month
    Reward

Free Clickstore Items monthly
    Copy of Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Firefly
    Special Firefly Open source MFAs
    Plus all the lower tiers rewards!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm not interested with patreon, i just want firefly, because i d'ont want to learn unity or unreal, i just want to play with 3d and fusion, for small things, i don't want to make a superb game or demo... but 80 dollars is very expensiv for something no longer supported.
    CLICKTEAM : est ce envisageable dans un futur proche?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I don't suggest you to purchase firefly.
    1. Firefly doesn't have an usable world editor, the only way to place 3D objects is by your imagination, which is painful, or to say, is a torture.
    Yes, there are workarounds like place 2D actives in frame editor then create 3D ones base on the 2D coordinate, but by this method it's still a 2D game but with 3D modules.
    2. Firefly is rendered in another window so you cannot add 2D sprites over it, and you need to use 3D active/string instead, which means all your 2D logic need to be rewrited. And……there is an old memory leak issue in 3D string.

The best way is purchase it on steam then ask for refund later.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    i'm not interested with patreon, i just want firefly, because i d'ont want to learn unity or unreal, i just want to play with 3d and fusion, for small things, i don't want to make a superb game or demo... but 80 dollars is very expensiv for something no longer supported.
    CLICKTEAM : est ce envisageable dans un futur proche?
    You can join patreon for one month and get firefly and also download all the examples of items made for it. ( good if you do want to learn some tings with it and have a lot of examples ) Then just cancel patreon and you keep your copy of firefly. My experience with Firefly is I have had it for a long time on steam and I do not use it. Seriously world craft was better that was free with Quake. The way Firefly works is just not intuitive at all. Some people do make some great things with it and the Patreon is where to find most of the examples. check out Patlegoman on Twitter to see some great ones as they are developed. Really probably better to put your time into a dedicated 3d editor though unless you just love being confused more than using regular Fusion.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    for something no longer supported.
    thanks for letting me know i can stop developing firefly i will cancel the 2 updates i had planed this year, being better shadows and physics. TY

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadian View Post
    ..better shadows and physics.
    Can't wait

If you just want to play with 3d and fusion I think firefly is great
    it does have the odd memory leak here and there most of them have been fixed

Personally I'd go Patreon and cancel if your not interested in further reactor examples
    It includes 61 examples so far some firefly some not
    reactor.jpg

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c4t: it's a shame to have to do this kind of manipulation a little blushing...but if it is the only way...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadian View Post
    i can stop developing firefly i will cancel the 2 updates i had planed this year
    I think cancelling firefly would actually be best for everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast