Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Att: Fernando, Samples causing lag

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain Goodblammy , I am glad this isn't just a me issue lol

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My game also becomes an old man when it makes a sound.
    I hope that this problem is resolved quickly.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNE View Post
    My game also becomes an old man when it makes a sound.
    I hope that this problem is resolved quickly.
    Sadly in android this problem is one of more concern, and by inheritance is not well implemented.

My test will require time.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Sadly in android this problem is one of more concern, and by inheritance is not well implemented.

Thank you for addressing the issue, hopefully you have success soon

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post

Thanks, Fernando.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only way to pass trough this issue was to remake my engine to be compatible with delta time so framerate loss isn't slowing down my game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    My only way to pass trough this issue was to remake my engine to be compatible with delta time so framerate loss isn't slowing down my game.
    That sounds very clever! So how does one achieve delta time in the Clickteam event editor?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooblammy View Post
    That sounds very clever! So how does one achieve delta time in the Clickteam event editor?
    Hey Gooblammy, as of Fusion, there is no built-in DeltaTime value to use, the closest thing is the Movement Timer, but unfortunately it's internal value is hidden from you and only used for animations and built-in movements (tho apparently an extension can modify and even get the value at runtime)

But anyways to achieve this you first you have to calculate DeltaTime, the calculation it self doesn't take more than 3 minutes to set up, but the real challenge is applying it correctly in your game
    In the very basics you will just be multiplying the calculated DeltaTime value with the velocity of a custom movement (or say a custom delay buffer/timer..etc), but this is not the end, as you will also encounter a velocity curve problem if you have accelerating forces, and yet another problem is if you don't have continues collision detection for a custom movement, the gap will be really big in low framerates and moving objects might skip obstacles, so you would have to implement step checks, and sometimes you have to NOT multiply DeltaTime with with some forces like instant forces (e.g. jumping in a platformer game)

It's still not a big hassle tho, and luckily I made this guide before on GameJolt that covers DeltaTime from the basics and how to get around the problems I mentioned above: DeltaTime guide

But at the end it's REALLY worth it, stuff just feel smoother, if you increase FPS to say 144, displays with 144HZ will utilize all the in between frames, making the game look smoother on higher refresh rate displays (if the game's FPS was the same or higher than the display's refresh rate ofc), and generally your game will feel more professional
    And as an added benefit, slow motion effects will be easier and smoother than ever by just modifying the MS ratio, so DeltaTime is really worth it at the end, but just needs getting used to

(Edit: So I usually take a long time to write a "big" post, while writing NaitorStudios already replied lol, sorry for duplicated links to the same guide xD)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linky View Post
    Hey Gooblammy, as of Fusion, there is no built-in DeltaTime value to use, the closest thing is the Movement Timer, but unfortunately it's internal value is hidden from you and only used for animations and built-in movements (tho apparently an extension can modify and even get the value at runtime)

But anyways to achieve this you first you have to calculate DeltaTime, the calculation it self doesn't take more than 3 minutes to set up, but the real challenge is applying it correctly in your game
    In the very basics you will just be multiplying the calculated DeltaTime value with the velocity of a custom movement (or say a custom delay buffer/timer..etc), but this is not the end, as you will also encounter a velocity curve problem if you have accelerating forces, and yet another problem is if you don't have continues collision detection for a custom movement, the gap will be really big in low framerates and moving objects might skip obstacles, so you would have to implement step checks, and sometimes you have to NOT multiply DeltaTime with with some forces like instant forces (e.g. jumping in a platformer game)

It's still not a big hassle tho, and luckily I made this guide before on GameJolt that covers DeltaTime from the basics and how to get around the problems I mentioned above: DeltaTime guide

But at the end it's REALLY worth it, stuff just feel smoother, if you increase FPS to say 144, displays with 144HZ will utilize all the in between frames, making the game look smoother on higher refresh rate displays (if the game's FPS was the same or higher than the display's refresh rate ofc), and generally your game will feel more professional
    And as an added benefit, slow motion effects will be easier and smoother than ever by just modifying the MS ratio, so DeltaTime is really worth it at the end, but just needs getting used to

(Edit: So I usually take a long time to write a "big" post, while writing NaitorStudios already replied lol, sorry for duplicated links to the same guide xD)

Thanks, Linky and NaitorStudios.

The articles look really helpful! This is my homework tonight: work on a couple of experiments with DeltaTime.

I'm quite keen to keep on track to solve the FPS drop when playing audio samples (keeping it to the forum subject) so my aim will be to create an apk extension with DeltaTime I can share here; whether it goes badly or good(ly?).

Cheers, once again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast