User Tag List

Thread: Backdoor Trojan found in explorer.mfx on Virus Total

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backdoor Trojan found in explorer.mfx on Virus Total

Hello, I couldn't find any other additional information on this so I figured I'd post. I found that Malwarebytes is recognizing packed EXE's built as trojans now while for years it did not. I started unpacking the exe's and while that worked for bypassing issues with malware bytes, it flagged it as unsafe on my google drive (in which I also requested them to review). I ran it through virus total, upon further inspection only ikarus flagged it as a Backdoor.qbot.

I'm not sure if it's just a false positive, but I did want to get some insight on this. I wasn't entirely sure how to remove the mfx from data elements or if I could potentially do that, because it's really not needed for my app at this point.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely a false positive, antiviruses have changed in the latest years and it's flagging a lot of stuff because Fusion EXEs bundles DLLs (extensions are actually DLL) inside of it and extract to temp folders to load it.
    Currently the best way to export a Windows app is using the Unpacked EXE option, it exports a exe, a dat and a folder with all the extensions and DLLs, it will prevent false positives, but you have to pack it all into a zip before sending to someone.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. That was my only real concern, thanks for the quick response!