User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A* Racing Game Computer AI Any Help, Engines or other demonstrations available?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A* Racing Game Computer AI Any Help, Engines or other demonstrations available?

I searched for days trying to find an example at least of a 2D Style racing game #MADEWITHFUSION to no avail. I did find a ton for the old KLIK and PLAY maker. Just none for MMF2.5DEV.

If anyone knows of a link to an example, an .mfa or anything. Please post it below.
    Regardless, I will be trying to create my own as I love this type of top down racing.
    I did see the Fusion made RC car one, but honestly it didn't look like it had any physics to it. Looked more like cars on a path that couldn't be moved or wrecked out.

Thanks for any help!
    example.jpg

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically, what I am trying to do is create an engine that does not require markers ( OLD GTA PATHFINDING for Vehicles ). DOT 1 to DOT 2 style.
    I have made it work somewhat using the old method. Basically, DOT 1 = Flag 1 on, then if Flag 1 is on then it is onto DOT 2 = Flag 1 off / Flag 2 on. ETC!
    This allows the user to smash a car off the track and the AI Engine, still tries to aim for DOT ? to get back into the race. Only drawback, is if you run the AI off the track, then it misses the DOT ? and turns around to go back to it.
    I may make something with lines instead that can overlap the outside of the track too.

Any Ideas, would be great!
    Thanks in Advance...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Example of what I am trying now...
    Basically the Green is the Best Line and the Red is just a trigger for the Flag. Not to mention, this allows for the Green Dot to also be used for the player. Like a percentage in the best line type of thing.

nyway, as the computer AI tries for the green dot and gets run off the road. It will still trigger the flag if it overlaps the red line so it will aim for the next green dot.
    sample.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to a tutorial and mfa on top down racing games. It does use dots though but maybe it will have useful some ideas. Interested to see what you come up with. https://impactgamers.net/rr-micro/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4t View Post
    Here is a link to a tutorial and mfa on top down racing games. It does use dots though but maybe it will have useful some ideas. Interested to see what you come up with. https://impactgamers.net/rr-micro/
    Thank you very much!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video of my first attempt.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4t View Post
    Yeah, that is an awesome start for me. Thanks again!

I noticed the computer player gets stuck a bunch, but again. Excellent start for me.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steering Behavior would be perfect for this, but it's quite complicated to set-up on Fusion...
    Btw, this might also be useful: https://impactgamers.net/rr-micro/

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another trick I picked up many moons ago, using the path moment type to create a target for each NPC car.

This version has some flaws which you can improve on, but shows the basic idea.

Anyway, the principle is you use the path movement on the target object to trace the track. With events you control the target to only move when overlapping with the NPC car. You make the car move towards the target and you get it following the track.

There's room for improvement to make the NPC car behave more realistically, but hope that shows a good starting point.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the examples. After trying them both, I have to say they both are great. The Micro car game is cool, however the way you go about adding check points is a bit backwards. Plus, if you make a huge track and the markers are far apart, the computer vehicles tend to wander back and forth. No biggie though, as the wandering can be effected with some extra code and actually looks like they are trying to block you!
    The NPC Car example is very cool too. However, I feel like multiple computer vehicles means multiple paths to create for each vehicle. Which could be time consuming and pretty much make the computer cars look like they are on rails until collided with.
    As mentioned," Room for improvement!" Still awesome to say the least and actually much more simple then the Micro car example.
    I will mess with both. Maybe a happy medium can be created.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast