User Tag List

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 294.4 - Beta version

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for blowing your mind so violently

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true that X and Y as letters are not the exact opposite of each other and it would be odd to consider them negate-able in that sense. That being said, X & Y represent two different axis and the idea of switching between the two makes sense in my opinion. Horizontal is the opposite of vertical and vice versa. There are only two options to choose from, just like with all of the other negate-able conditions/actions. Unless Fusion 2.5 is going to be having Z coordinate conditions and actions added to it, 'negating' X and Y shouldn't cause any issues for users.

If it were to be added it would certainly be a nice QoL enhancement. I'd find it useful. On the other hand, if it's too complicated to add or there just isn't time to spare on it due to all of the other more important things that need to be worked on then that's totally acceptable too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    It's true that X and Y as letters are not the exact opposite of each other and it would be odd to consider them negate-able in that sense. That being said, X & Y represent two different axis and the idea of switching between the two makes sense in my opinion. Horizontal is the opposite of vertical and vice versa. There are only two options to choose from, just like with all of the other negate-able conditions/actions. Unless Fusion 2.5 is going to be having Z coordinate conditions and actions added to it, 'negating' X and Y shouldn't cause any issues for users.
    That's certainly how I see it. Functionally, it would be very similar to the other cases, which are all basically a switch that toggles between two available choices in a dichotomy. Clickteam happened to name the option "negate", but they could just as easily have named it "toggle" and it would still make sense. The existing feature doesn't always technically "negate" things anyway: you can "negate" a flag, which actually toggles its value between 0 to 1, even though 0 and 1 are not at all negatives of each other. Though we accept this because there's a clear dichotomy between the two in a Boolean context, just as there's a clear dichotomy between X and Y in a 2-dimensional context.

There's quite of a bit of stuff in Fusion that isn't semantically accurate, but I think people recognise that whether something is useful is more important than whether it's technically correct on a semantic level. For example, we use animation "directions" for things other than direction (eg. collision masks), we enter strings into Compare two General Values, Fusion calls always a "condition" even though it's not (it's the absence of a condition). No one seems bothered by those useful little illogicalities, and I suspect that no one would ultimately be bothered by this one. Though if lots of people truly don't like this suggestion, then it should probably be ignored.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Sorry for blowing your mind so violently
    LOL

Negating an X or Y position I would see it working a different way. Example : Xpos 180 if you negate that it would be Xpos -180 Same for Ypos 180 if you negate that it would be Ypos -180

Still don't see a need to change it and add possible confusion of other users by changing X to Y.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Problem with Huawei have their own mode to handle android visuals, note that using your application in old model you will have the same behavior as other devices, but when you go to android 9 to above the behavior is different.

Attachment 31654

Attachment 31655

Your output could be wrong in some devices when you move between immersive mode, this concept is designed to be used once at the moment you enter/start the application.

PD: Images are from Huawei nova 3e emui version 9.1.0 and android 9
    Okay, thank you. I will remove that feature from my games.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4t View Post
    Negating an X or Y position I would see it working a different way. Example : Xpos 180 if you negate that it would be Xpos -180 Same for Ypos 180 if you negate that it would be Ypos -180
    But would you really? In most games, Set Xpos to 180 would be a relatively rare occurrence. You'd probably be more likely to see things like Set Xpos to 0 or Set Xpos to X("Player") +(X Right Frame - X("Player") ) /2. You wouldn't expect "negate" to add a minus sign in those situations, so I'm not sure you'd actually expect it in the case of Set Xpos to 180 either. But even if you did, and you unexpectedly got Set Ypos to 180, would you be confused? I doubt it. I think you'd probably understand immediately why Fusion did what it did, even if you didn't fully agree with the semantics of it, and were mildly annoyed that you didn't get the outcome you were hoping for.

I just don't see how it's a big deal. Like I said above, it's arguably no more illogical than what Fusion already does with Flags anyway. Flags in Fusion that are "on" and "off" are really 0s and 1s, and will produce those values when used in expressions. Yet Fusion currently lets you "negate" flags: a flag of 1 can be "negated" to 0 (the real negative of 1 is of course -1), and a flag of 0 can be "negated" to 1 (the negative of zero doesn't exist)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    But would you really? In most games, Set Xpos to 180 would be a relatively rare occurrence. You'd probably be more likely to see things like Set Xpos to 0 or Set Xpos to X("Player") +(X Right Frame - X("Player") ) /2. You wouldn't expect "negate" to add a minus sign in those situations, so I'm not sure you'd actually expect it in the case of Set Xpos to 180 either. But even if you did, and you unexpectedly got Set Ypos to 180, would you be confused? I doubt it. I think you'd probably understand immediately why Fusion did what it did, even if you didn't fully agree with the semantics of it, and were mildly annoyed that you didn't get the outcome you were hoping for.

I just don't see how it's a big deal. Like I said above, it's arguably no more illogical than what Fusion already does with Flags anyway. Flags in Fusion that are "on" and "off" are really 0s and 1s, and will produce those values when used in expressions. Yet Fusion currently lets you "negate" flags: a flag of 1 can be "negated" to 0 (the real negative of 1 is of course -1), and a flag of 0 can be "negated" to 1 (the negative of zero doesn't exist)
    A flag is a Boolean - it takes the value of 0 or 1. Therefore, logically - the alternative of the one is the other. Can you guys take this conversation elsewhere, please? (Start a new thread or something.)

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    A flag is a Boolean - it takes the value of 0 or 1. Therefore, logically - the alternative of the one is the other. Can you guys take this conversation elsewhere, please? (Start a new thread or something.)
    I'm not sure who this comment is meant to convince, or of what. As you point out, in Boolean 0 and 1 are the two logical alternatives, despite not at all being negated forms of each other. Likewise, in a two-dimensional plane the X axis and Y axis are the two logical alternatives, even though they are not negated forms of each other. This is precisely why I stand by my feature suggestion.

And as you know, there's been no bugbox for years, so this beta thread is an appropriate place to place a feature suggestion, especially when the suggestion is an addition to a feature that was introduced by this beta. And just as I have a right to make a feature suggestion here, c4t has the right to criticise it (and I in turn the right to reply to that criticism).

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, internally fusion use an ID to store ACEs, currently fusion just switches one to another.
    Maybe future version can get something like custom mapping. Then you can link any pair you like.

And, hopefully 2.5 can get an update of SDK, to let ext developers make use of these new features, e.g., add a new routine, input is current action ID, and return it’s negate one.
    Other features like allow extension to read .anm files. I suggested this in discord and Simon said “no, this will leak our source code.” However, on windows, SDK just provide something for compiler to generate a symbol for dynamic link, everything actually is bundled in dll in binary. And as for other runtimes like android, fusion runtime is somewhat “open source”……usually I have to read it’s source to guess some undocumented behavior of windows version…
    Another solution IMHO is provide a feature to set a custom encrypt key, as the algorithms is open source, at least documented in one paper. But without key, no one can decrypt it easily, as you cannot extract salt in water as easy as you dissolve it, unless fusion didn’t use something like that, the encryption is just like switch big/little endian, do offset…

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Text being chopped off - on the words Red and Green - not sure if this is a bug or a setting (my zoom is at 100%).

colours.png

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast