User Tag List

Thread: A couple of questions in regards to animations and sprites.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question A couple of questions in regards to animations and sprites.

1. Usually, 3d engines allow you to import animations from other FBX files, rather than having all animations in one big FBX file. Can Firefly import multiple animations from different files too? it's a pain to organize everything at the beginning with the inability of editing it later, you'd have the frame range of all the other animations just to fit it within a group.
    2. Pose Morphs, Blend Shapes, etc... are a feature that most 3d engines have, that are used for lip syncing and "transformations" of the mesh, depending on a percentage. Can those be imported and manipulated through Firefly?
    3. Can 2d Firefly images have a blending coefficient/be transparent? text does, but I can't find any option for images. It's a pain if I want to add fade-in or fade-out transitions, because it means I would need to make separate transparent sprites just to achieve this, extending the file size of the application.
    4. Can you attach models to bones?. Picking a weapon or a key from the ground to then use it for example.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and a bonus question:
    Is there an easy way to add transitions between animations? I've heard legends about having to save the value of each bone on alterable values, and the values of the next animation, to then combine them both, but that sounds awful and painful.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: yes - Thriller Video uses 1 model ( well 3 but.... ) and different animation files
    2: Yes the ENGINE will BUT NO firefly ( bridge to engine ) wont.
    3: Yes it uses the alpha channel
    4: not really an easy way no ( as you saw in the thriller video ), ideally have them all from a base pose ( or poses ) and only switch anims when your on that base

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually can't find the alpha channel on the images, neither on the event editor or display options.
    I'm talking about like, making a fade effect.