User Tag List

Thread: Feature request: Add an option to automatically reopen all files you were working on

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feature request: Add an option to automatically reopen all files you were working on

THE PROBLEM
    I am working on a game. The game is big and can't be done in just one sitting. So I close the Fusion with the game's MFA still open. Next time I open Fusion I have to manually reopen the file. It is tiring.

THE SOLUTION
    Add a setting that would save list of currently opened files upon Fusion's exit and upon next loading of it automatically reopen all of them if possible (if not possible due to the file being moved/deleted/not saved in the first place, it should silently fail and move on to the next file on the list).

Thank you and I hope it will get implemented soon.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why Projects exists in Fusion... The MFW files, it saves a file that loads all the currently opened MFAs, then you can just load that every time, should be on your recents list.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still takes some time to actually select that file and click on it. And over several sessions it all adds up to minutes, then hours, then days. Why can't the fusion just remember what files were loaded last time it was opened and then reopen them on boot up?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, then you can launch Fusion through the MFW instead of its shortcut...
    Pretty sure you could make a Fusion shortcut that just opens the MFW automatically
    All you need to do is going to the shortcut properties and add the MFW path wrapped by " " then click it.
    Sure Steam will intercept and ask if you really want to open the file, but I have a tool that solves this and open MFAs/MFWs directly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What annoys me is finding the Event Explorer all folded up every time I open the MFA. Half the time it feels like too much effort to open it all up to the groups/subgroups I'm working on, so I end up just not using it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Well, then you can launch Fusion through the MFW instead of its shortcut...
    Pretty sure you could make a Fusion shortcut that just opens the MFW automatically
    All you need to do is going to the shortcut properties and add the MFW path wrapped by " " then click it.
    Sure Steam will intercept and ask if you really want to open the file, but I have a tool that solves this and open MFAs/MFWs directly.
    After one of the recent updates Steam doesn't even ask, it just refuses to open Fusion. Not to mention finding that shortcut/MFW takes even more time than just clicking Play on steam, then clicking on the file menu and looking through the recent files list, then clicking that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, with my tool, I just have a single shortcut on my taskbar that I click and open Fusion and load an MFW, all in one click. You don't even have to open Steam first.