User Tag List

Thread: How can I move an object that doesn't follow the frame and still keep it in place?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I move an object that doesn't follow the frame and still keep it in place?

Okay, this might be a bit tough to explain but here goes. So I have an object that does not follow the frame that I want to move up and down with the easing object. I only need to change the Y value, but the object requires an X value to use as well. First I tried to just use the X coordinate of the object, but that lets the object shift left or right to where it is no longer usable in the game. How can I move this object in a way where it stays put?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll need to include the visible edges in the equation

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of having the object's 'follow the frame' property turned off, it might be easier to either;
    - use an event to keep it in the one spot (i.e. while the object is not moving, set X/Y coords to 'X Left Frame' + some number, Y Top Frame + some number
    - OR, create a new layer with the XY coefficients of 0 and place the object in this layer when it needs to stay in the same spot. You can move it to another layer with the normal 1/1 xy coefficients whenever you need to move it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like marbenx's layer suggestion. If for some reason you can't use layers, you can create another (invisible) object that *does* follow the frame, and set your object's X position to the invisible object's X position.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice!