User Tag List

Thread: Top-down platformer game, with slopes.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top-down platformer game, with slopes.

Hi folks. I'm really thinking about making a platformer game viewed from top-down perspective, much like RPGs, where player can jump and move on the slopes and fall down. I only found the old post from 2017, but I could not find any examples of this movement but isometric tutorials. https://community.clickteam.com/threads/101763-Jumping-in-a-Top-Down-game

Topdown.PNG

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, well, that's a pain to make, specially the collision.
    But I was considering making something like this for Clickstore...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Oh, well, that's a pain to make, specially the collision.
    But I was considering making something like this for Clickstore...
    Paid item?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly, but it would be far more advanced than just the basic movement, I could make a free simple version tho

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using two movements, platform movement object and 8 Direction. Use a flag to toggle which movement is active when your player detector is over or not over the area that the platforms are. You can use a hidden active with a qualifier in it to define the areas that platforms/slopes are.

something like if player detector is over the hidden active with qualifier for platform area. Toggle movement type flag on.
    If movement type flag is on. Activate movement with PMO and also activate a group of events with the PMO movement settings in it.
    if player detector is Not over the hidden active with qualifier for platform area. Toggle movement type flag off.
    If movement type flag is off. Deactivate Platform Movement Object group and Activate movement with 8direction.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you can use platfom movement object, because it use slopes correction