Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am a 'little' upset with clickteam

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry I am a 'little' upset with clickteam

(Please take this rant with a grain of salt.)
    Okay, *deep breath*, Okay...

I am going to attempt to put this in a calm demeanor, and will try to avoid outright insults (because that's rude and unprofessional)

So... I just recently bought the Android/OUYA extension because I wanted to make cheap and dirty games for, you guessed it, Android.
    I was under the assumption that I would be able to add advertisements ( not too many, I'm not that dirty ) so I could help my family with the loony-toons level of absurdity that is grocery prices.
    Because I doubt anyone would actually buy my garbage of a game, I wanted to implement a few ads with the ability to turn them off for a dollar or something.

Little did I know, that I require the developer version of Fusion 2.5 for that. (Side note: Yes, I did state in a previous post that I was broke, which is true. I only just recently got enough to buy somethings)
    So now I am pretty much unable to help my family with costs. I may still have someway of making cash but it's unlikely.

I suppose it's my fault for not doing research into the product, but it really should've been on the product label. And yes, I did make sure to read the 'More Detail' site as well.
    I'm not asking for a refund, I'm just explaining why I am frustrated and disappointed.

I still love Clickteam and their products, I'm just upset, that's all; and wanted to express my opinion without being a (insert insulting words here).
    Sorry if this rant sounds irrational, I've tried to make it sound somewhat coherent.

~Star

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello , sorry to hear about that. I'm no android expert at all, but maybe you can put a "paypal donate" button or link in your app. And if you have a website, link to the site to offer unlockable levels / items ....
    I don't know if the above needs developer version too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may not be so easy to do now, but certainly at some point it was still possible to use ads in Android without the developer version. I once used the "Web View" object to show html-based ads in an Android application I built with Multimedia Fusion 2.0 standard edition. This was almost a decade ago now, though, and I'm not sure how many of those html-based ad networks still exist, let alone still allow html ads.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Developer were always about monetization (and advanced system integration)...
    I know there are some ads extensions on Clickstore, but it's likely that those will also require Dev...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirAlez View Post
    (Please take this rant with a grain of salt.)
    Okay, *deep breath*, Okay...

I am going to attempt to put this in a calm demeanor, and will try to avoid outright insults (because that's rude and unprofessional)

So... I just recently bought the Android/OUYA extension because I wanted to make cheap and dirty games for, you guessed it, Android.
    I was under the assumption that I would be able to add advertisements ( not too many, I'm not that dirty ) so I could help my family with the loony-toons level of absurdity that is grocery prices.
    Because I doubt anyone would actually buy my garbage of a game, I wanted to implement a few ads with the ability to turn them off for a dollar or something.

Little did I know, that I require the developer version of Fusion 2.5 for that. (Side note: Yes, I did state in a previous post that I was broke, which is true. I only just recently got enough to buy somethings)
    So now I am pretty much unable to help my family with costs. I may still have someway of making cash but it's unlikely.

I suppose it's my fault for not doing research into the product, but it really should've been on the product label. And yes, I did make sure to read the 'More Detail' site as well.
    I'm not asking for a refund, I'm just explaining why I am frustrated and disappointed.

I still love Clickteam and their products, I'm just upset, that's all; and wanted to express my opinion without being a (insert insulting words here).
    Sorry if this rant sounds irrational, I've tried to make it sound somewhat coherent.

~Star
    Hey fellow British Columbian

My advice would be just make your game, and keep an eye out for sales for the developer edition. I got mine for dirt cheap from humble bundle at some point

Now for a little rant
    I find it morbidly funny how costs are at an all time high here, everyone is blaming inflation or the war in Ukraine, yet the companies are making record profits and CEOs are laughing all the way to the bank. It's gouging plain as day and the federal gov seems to have not enough backbone to put the foot down on these thieves.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, I agree. Though to be honest, unless Clickteam decides to make another HB sale, I don't think you'd get a better deal (got standard+developer+vast majority of exporters for $15, didn't get 2.5+ or Firefly as those weren't a thing yet, though bought 2.5+ later on).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, to be honest, if you're planning on making a "cheap and dirty", "garbage" game, as you call it, then realistically I don't think you're going to get the hordes of players necessary to make significant ad revenue anyway. There's no shortage of cheap and dirty garbage with annoying ads on it on Google Play already, so you've got some stiff competition there

Honestly, it sounds like you're hoping to lure people to a poor product so they can waste a few moments watching ads before they uninstall your game in disappointment. I'm sure you can aim a bit higher than that...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand how the situation can be a bit frustrating for you but that doesn't mean you reached a dead-end
    Instead of trying to make something that is "cheap and dirty" why not make a very small, addicting and polished game with a simple concept, I mean like that's how old mobile games succeeded in the first place (and this still applies today), as Volnaiskra said if the game was bad no one would want to play it anyways and will just get lost in with other bad playstore games

For the revenue you can perhaps make it paid with a very low cost of say 1 - 3$, with a little bit of love and effort put into your game it will come out as a decent title that people want to actually play and pay for
    If you worry that it will take too much time to make then remember to keep it a simple but a polished game that you can manage

(Just don't forgot to put the made with Fusion logo as a splash screen if you did not know already)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Look, to be honest, if you're planning on making a "cheap and dirty", "garbage" game, as you call it, then realistically I don't think you're going to get the hordes of players necessary to make significant ad revenue anyway. There's no shortage of cheap and dirty garbage with annoying ads on it on Google Play already, so you've got some stiff competition there

Honestly, it sounds like you're hoping to lure people to a poor product so they can waste a few moments watching ads before they uninstall your game in disappointment. I'm sure you can aim a bit higher than that...
    Actually, I was unfair in the last portion there. I just re-read your post and realised that you wanted to charge people a buck to turn off ads, which obviously they would only do if the game was actually good. So you weren't going for the mercenary cash-grab that I had misunderstood it as - my bad. Sorry about that.

I don't see a massive problem here, actually. You wanted to charge people a buck to turn off ads but you can't have ads - so why can't you just make a game with no ads and charge people a buck for that? If you want people to be able to try the game for free, you can produce a 'lite' or 'demo' version of the game for free. There might even be some people who, like me, are more likely to download an app if they have to pay for it. Personally, I almost never download free apps because I recognise that time is more precious than money, and the hidden cost of free apps tends to be time - time spent watching ads and/or time spent being sucked into addiction-based drip-feed f2p mechanics.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the OP can sell other stuff as IAP, like cosmetics?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast