User Tag List

Thread: Smoother way to replace events with other object?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Smoother way to replace events with other object?

One method I often use to transfer events from one object to another is to use the command to replace the object by another object then cut all those new events with the replaced object, close the mfa, open the saved mfa again and then paste those events. This feels kind of a hacky way to do something that should be smoother but is there any other way to do this without having to do it this way?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if there is a better way but I do almost the same thing - I copy and paste the old object's events into a new frame, and then back into the old frame after replacing them

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what i normally do, is keep the object names similar so when you copy stuff its simple to alter: eg; [box 1] - when i clone it; it will make box 2, copy the events, and just change the 1 to 2 in the events.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good things to know when copying code to other objects:

You can copy behaviors to other objects, and Fusion does a great job of replacing the one it was copied from with the one you are copying it to.
    Sometimes if you have a bunch of clones, it's best to split your new code into a new behavior so that you can avoid having to change any details in the old, already altered code.
    I do it even if I plan to put everything into one behavior later, just because it's so amazingly fast.

On the other hand when you do copy over events manually from a clone to a behavior, and end up having the wrong "Main object" scoped, and want to replace the objects through the clickable object icons. When using behaviors, you can just click and immediately press "enter" if the object you are changing to, is the object that the behavior belongs to. It will always list first (and pre-selected, I might add). This makes for some fast editing.