User Tag List

Thread: Level edit has a virus in it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Level edit has a virus in it?

My Zone Alarm says Level Edit : https://clickstore.clickteam.com/firefly3D/lvl_edit has 3 virusses in it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Known issue, AVs are more like scarewares than anything else these days (also I never heard of this AV before)
    If it's an old one then it would attract a lot of false positives, try rebuilding the project with the latest version of Fusion if you have the source MFA (beta or official, both should be fine)
    And if the there is still a lot try building the project with Unpacked EXE, I don't think there is much else to do, there will be atleast a couple of false positives from some AVs even popular and "trusted" ones...
    And when you download a file from the internet it will usually start freaking out, happens for any executable (unless it has a signed certificate which costs a lot)

It doesn't contain any malicious code, so don't worry, just some dumb false positives
    I just find it funny how some of these AVs freak out at basically anything and leave actual threats intact (once there was an AV that actually detected one of MS Office products as a threat, even tho it was a genuine copy!)

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, on the author's Patreon, you can get the mfa for it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorman View Post
    My Zone Alarm says Level Edit : https://clickstore.clickteam.com/firefly3D/lvl_edit has 3 virusses in it.
    Sadly ZoneAlarm is not big enough to provide a submission page for you to post files that trigger the AV. You have to tell a Chat rep what zone alarm did.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I guess you should stop using Chrome, Discord (or any thing that uses Electron) then...

Those are "false positives", basically if a antivirus find enough similarity tiny pieces of the file, it will call it a virus, doesn't mean it is.
    For example, Fusion apps have to read your key presses so it can trigger events... Know what else reads key presses? Keyloggers.
    It also has to extract DLLs on temp directories and execute functions from it, extensions being a DLL each... A virus can have the same behavior, but not the same good intentions.

It all depends on how it's used, context, not what it uses.
    The creator could prevent this by exporting an Unpacked EXE, but I'm not sure if he's even working on the editor anymore.
    So if you want to check and export it yourself, you can get the mfa from his Patreon for a few bucks and do whatever you want.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Microsoft Defender, Google and many other ( So called ) Antivirus Bs software, automatically says .exe is a Virus. Take what they say with a grain of salt these days.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is this one website where you can report false positives i forgot which it was, many years ago there was an extension that for years always gave a positive but then i reported it and now it doesn't do that anymore.
    I just wanted to make sure, so I posted this thread. this particular positive was pretty nasty and i'm not really used to that from Zone Alarm.