User Tag List

Thread: 2 questions: Help tracking down non-default extension in my MFA, and ascii values

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2 questions: Help tracking down non-default extension in my MFA, and ascii values

Hey all

I was hoping you could help me out.
    I posted an example MFA for text blitting, integer scaling, and pause menu here. As far as I know, all the extensions used were default ones, howver based on a comment by DaveC in my thread here:

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/109120-Example-Extensionless-Integer-scaling-Text-Blitting-Pause-menu

...it seems there is a non-default one in there somewhere. I had a look last night but I can't figure out which one it is. If anyone wouldn't mind having a look to see if they notice one, I'm just curious as to which it is. My thought was the "String Parser" object... but I swear that came with Fusion.

That leads me to me next item. I swear I saw in Fusion at some point a way to grab the ascii value of a character without using the "String Parser" object. Is there a way natively in fusion to retrieve the ascii value of a given character? I mean "String Parser" works great and seems to work on all platforms so it's more just out of curiosity again.
    Thanks for any help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can open it, though I already had the String Parser extension installed. I guess the String Parser is probably not installed by default, since its info panel in properties shows that it was made by "3EE", whereas all the other extensions in your MFA were made by Clickteam. By the way, you can tell whether an extension is default or not by whether or not the Extension Manager allows you to uninstall it.

I don't know about the ASCII thing, but if there was a native way to do it, I'm sure it would be found in the Special Object, or perhaps one of the default text-related extensions. If you can't find it there, then it probably doesn't exist.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I think you are right. THanks for that last piece of info about extensions as well.

Nuts. My life is a lie!