User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please increase max animation speed

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please increase max animation speed

So the max animation speed is 100, which is about 30fps. Could it be increased to 200 so that you could have smooth 60fps animations?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES!! Please do this....

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always makes me think of how animations with speed bellow 18 will get slower the higher fps is until it completely stops at 1000 fps...
    Probably because of the data type it's using it's losing some floating point digits...
    But yes, increasing the animation speed is possible and I guess it wouldn't cause any problems.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's even weirder that it didn't happen in MMF2!
    It seems like a combination of the Movement Timer Value and "low" Animation speed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be some other factors in play. Because for me, an animation with speed 100 is exactly 60fps (I just tested it). What sort of movement, if any, are you using on the object? And is it DX11 mode?

Either way, you can probably force 60fps by adding an event like this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    There must be some other factors in play. Because for me, an animation with speed 100 is exactly 60fps (I just tested it). What sort of movement, if any, are you using on the object? And is it DX11 mode?

Either way, you can probably force 60fps by adding an event like this:

Just curious, wouldn't:

* Every 1 (written in the expression editor)
    - Force animation frame to Image

Be 1000FPS? And if no, is it because the timer exists in state where it can calculate the time but only inflict the result at fps tick rate. Is tick rate of runtime code the same as FPS?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaSub View Post
    .............Is tick rate of runtime code the same as FPS?
    Essentially, yes. So if your Frame Rate is set to 60 as shown below (I believe 60 is the default), then the code above would play the animation at 60fps. If your MFA was set to 1000fps, then I guess it would try and play it at 1000fps*

* It would of course fail to play it at 1000 FPS, since the screen can't show that many frames per second, and the CPU might not be able to execute that many ticks of code per second anyway. Which highlights a problem with this approach in general: the animation speed would always be tied to the actual real-world FPS. So even if it's set to 60fps, if the user's computer slows the game down below 60fps, then the animation will slow down with it.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your question. I thought you were asking about the code I screenshot, but you were asking about different code, using the timer. But I think the answer is the same, for the reason that you surmised yourself. Even though the condition is Every 00"-1, Fusion won't actually execute that code every 1 millisecond. It'll just execute it whenever it gets there, which will be 60 times a second, just like all the other events. So I guess it's like it checks the event every 1/60th of a second, and asks itself "has at least 1 millisecond passed since the last time I checked this event?. (the answer will usually be: 'yes, many milliseconds have passed')

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is animation rate actually independent of framerate? I always had my projects set to 60 fps, so I assumed 100 speed = 1 frame per animation, 50 speed = 2 frames per animation, etc
    I guess one thing that could be changed is to give an option to set animation speeds independent of framerate, so the above would be true even at higher or lower framerates. I just assumed it worked that way already.

/e actually to be technically accurate, if the above is how it works right now (100 speed = 60 animation frames per second, not 1 animation frame per rendered frame), then such an "animation independent of framerate" should be an option which is on by default, because that's a better description of how it works now, and disabling that option would make animation speeds depend on framerate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelthief View Post
    So is animation rate actually independent of framerate? I always had my projects set to 60 fps, so I assumed 100 speed = 1 frame per animation, 50 speed = 2 frames per animation, etc
    I guess one thing that could be changed is to give an option to set animation speeds independent of framerate, so the above would be true even at higher or lower framerates. I just assumed it worked that way already.

/e actually to be technically accurate, if the above is how it works right now (100 speed = 60 animation frames per second, not 1 animation frame per rendered frame), then such an "animation independent of framerate" should be an option which is on by default, because that's a better description of how it works now, and disabling that option would make animation speeds depend on framerate.
    I recall thinking this too when messing around with it, that the names should be the other way around.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just pure speculation, but my guess is that none of this stuff - maximum animation speed, framerate-independent speed, etc. - will change before F3. I get the feeling that the animation system is one of the more ancient and deeply embedded parts of the codebase, and that making changes to it would be too time-consuming and/or risky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast