User Tag List

Thread: Built-in Physics Feature Requests

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Built-in Physics Feature Requests

Screenshot 2022-10-01 223052.png
    1. Can we please get an option to select objects by fixed value in the physics engine>joint two objects menus.

Screenshot 2022-10-01 224059.png
    2. Can we please get an option to close loop on the ground objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    Screenshot 2022-10-01 224059.png
    2. Can we please get an option to close loop on the ground objects
    Yeah definitely agree, the "Physics-Ground" object would be much more useful if it worked 1:1 like Chain Shapes in Box2D in general (The current way it's based on the Direction property can be problematic), also a very small property to change it's color inside the frame editor, as black can blend with other dark colors, which makes the points virtually invisible, make it worse because it doesn't have an outline color

Other features I would really like for Physics in Fusion to have are:
    • Ability to control the polygon points position manually (instead of just relying on the automatic sprite detection method)
    • Shape of last image property for physical objects (takes the current image as the shape) can be useful if say you modified an image of a surface object and you want polygons to update based on that image (I think this is how games like Icebreakers achieved it with Box2D), but generally modifying the points manually would be the best of two worlds
    • (Edit: Just realized that you mentioned the same thing lol) Jointing objects via fixed values, if that was even possible considering how object selection works in Fusion (would make jointing multiple instances of the same object much easier without having to use the Rope & Chain object)
    • The ability to control the X and Y velocities objects separately (I heard Box2D library is capable of doing this.. at least with newer versions of the library)

And yet another set features that I would like to see, but are probably very hard to add in Fusion 2.5, would make more sense for F3:
    • Built-in Soft Bodies
    • Built-in cloth Simulations
    • Built-in editor to control the polygon points position manually
    • No limit on the polygon count for each object (would probably need for F3 to use a different physics library than Box2D for this tho, or at least a modified version of Box2D)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    Screenshot 2022-10-01 223052.png
    1. Can we please get an option to select objects by fixed value in the physics engine>joint two objects menus.
    @Phi informs me this would not work for joining 2 Qualifiers which is a main reason I requested this feature

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the physics currently is horrible; i spent all weekend, proving how bad it was compared to box2d. box2d wins / F2.5+ physics failed miserably.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I wouldn't say horrible, Box2D physics are pretty well implemented and easy to work with in Fusion actually, but yeah it can be better, nothing ground breaking tho

Clicker

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linky View Post
    Other features I would really like for Physics in Fusion to have are:
    • Ability to control the polygon points position manually (instead of just relying on the automatic sprite detection method)
      We need to find clickteam an alternate more accurate convex hull algorithm the current one is limited to having a horizontal top & bottom + vertical sides
      with an alternate algorithm we could improve the physics shape to be twice as accurate

• Shape of last image property for physical objects (takes the current image as the shape) can be useful if say you modified an image of a surface object and you want polygons to update based on that image (I think this is how games like Icebreakers achieved it with Box2D), but generally modifying the points manually would be the best of two worlds
      Maybe even an action to set collision shape frame��

• The ability to control the X and Y velocities objects separately (I heard Box2D library is capable of doing this.. at least with newer versions of the library)
      You might be able to do this using advanced direction object or clickteam movement object>vector movement expressions

• Built-in editor to control the polygon points position manually
      I usually just draw 8 points in the appearing animation though this is not totally accurate due to the current shape algorithm