User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could we get Object was just created/Object was just destroyed events?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, this isn't too bad and it's completely reliable, you could make this work with a Qualifier, just pick a alt value index you'll never be using.
    (I wouldn't pick too high of a number, you don't need to allocate tons of alt values for this, just be thoughtful and you'll be fine)
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    I mean, this isn't too bad and it's completely reliable, you could make this work with a Qualifier, just pick a alt value index you'll never be using.
    (I wouldn't pick too high of a number, you don't need to allocate tons of alt values for this, just be thoughtful and you'll be fine)
    Not sure why, but I can't run that MFA ("created with an incompatible version"). I'm using 294.8+ Dev Steam.

But you shouldn't use flags over #31, because unfortunately they don't actually exist. They just loop back to #0 like this:

Flag 29 = Flag 29
    Flag 30 = Flag 30
    Flag 31 = Flag 31
    Flag 32 = Flag 0
    Flag 33 = Flag 1
    Flag 34 = Flag 2

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you're actually right, never noticed that.
    So using an alt value/string should be better, and you can use just one for creating and destroying.
    I would say that Alt Strings are better since blank strings sounds smaller than zeroed values.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    Ok, let's me rephrase that.

I want proper solutions on the engine level. What you are proposing are hacks/workarounds (and CF shouldn't even have "special" animations in the first place).
    If you don't want to use the animation method or the extension method (should be the best one that meets your "engine level" need), then the only no-hack solution I know left is "overload" the create & destroy function. Instead of using separated create action every where, use a general create, e.g., use several global values to pass position & layer, then call your custom create fastloop, and do initialize routine in it, and call the fastloop instead of actual create in events. If you don't like specific ones then you can make a general creation, by passing the object name and the callback initialize fastloop name, it will create the object based on name, then call the callback if successed, and return fixed of newly created. The same also could be done for destroying, just like you pass your custom allocator & dealloctor to container / overload operator new & delete in Cpp.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would be surprised how useful something like this... +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2