User Tag List

Thread: Selecting a single object out of many with the same qualifiers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selecting a single object out of many with the same qualifiers.

button lightup help.mfa

In the above MFA, it is possible to light up all 4 of the left active objects in one quick mouse swipe. This is because they all use the same qualifier to detect when the mouse is over them, meaning if the mouse still happens to be over a different object with the same qualifier during the next frame, it still thinks the original object is being held down as well because the mouse never left either of the qualified objects and therefore lights up both of them.

Is there a way to make sure that only the qualified object that has the mouse held over it is lit up? This is for a touch-screen interface, so the user knows that when the left mouse key is released what one they are going to select, as it could be confusing thinking they could be pressing down all four of those buttons that are lit up at once.

Any attempts at help are appreciated and thank you in advance!!

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed value.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I don't think I understood it clearly, one of the correct ways for doing a quick swipe while still registering it will require some sort of a loop and inside this loop you move an object to the mouse in steps, and on this loop you check if the object collides with the said other objects (there is more into it, I can make an example if you want)

But I think this is not what you want? if so the easiest way is to just put an always event BEFORE the event you check if the mouse is on top of these objects, like this:
    Button lightup fixed.png
    MFA: Button Lightup Fixed.mfa

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often store the fixed value of the hovered button, that allows me to know which one should be highlighted.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all very much! I've got it working now thanks to your help.