User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problem with the channel/sample volume

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Problem with the channel/sample volume

I have somewhat of a problem here:

I have an options menu where I use global values for; Master Volume, Music Volume (Channel 31 and 32) and SFX Volume (Basically all the other channels).
    These are all coded into Global Events.

And this worked just great until recently when I tried to get two similar tracks of music play at the same time, but with different volumes. The reason for all this is that the sample on Channel 31 is playing the normal music while the sample on Channel 32 is playing an underwater version of the exact same track. So, whenever the player gets into a puddle of water, the volume on the sample on Channel 31 should be set to 0 and the volume on the sample on Channel 32 should be set to 100, and vice versa for not being in water.

The thing is that this doesn't seem to work, at all. The code for the Music Volume which is adjusting the volume on channel 31 and 32 seems to override the sample volumes. Also, I tried to switch things around and inverse the code so that the global values in the Global Events would change the volume of the samples and that the code in the Event Editor would change the volume of the channels, but this didn't work either.

It seems to me that there is no way that I can adjust both the Channel Volume and individual Sample Volumes when they are on the same channels?
    If so, and in my humble opinion; this shouldn't be the case at all. I think that the Samples should be allowed to have their own volume adjusted and that the Channel volume should be like some sort of master volume for all the samples on that channel.

In any case; is there anything I can do to fix this problem, that is, to have two tracks playing at the same time while muting (not pausing as that would mess up the samples perfect synchronization) one sample as the player is in/out of water? Or am I forced to remove the option to allow the player to adjust the Music Volume alltogether?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perhaos if you use the same sample but named with 2 different names

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answer, though, I'm not quite following. How would I do that?
    My samples already have different n

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I think I know what you mean...
    You set a sample volume, but then you set a channel volume, and one override the other, correct?
    You would need to keep track of original volume. You can store those on some alt values.

So, I've made a pretty good example, I'll DM it to you for free of course.
    But since it took me some time and I'm trying to both get my Patreon / Ko-Fi started, as well get my seller ClickStore balance unstuck (I'm still need some sells to be able to withdraw lol)
    I'll provide this example in both places, so if you can show some support that would be appreciated!

Here's a video of it:

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what, I could turn this into an extension, making it much simpler for the users
    I'll check if I can do it...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    could you post a mfa with just your samples and problems explained?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @NaitorStudios Yes, that's exactly it! Sorry if i worded my problem in a really bad way! The channel and sample overrides each other, that's the problem I'm having.

I would love to get a DM with the example, and also, better yet, test out if you're making an extension since I guess that would be very handy to have and maybe easier to use.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll only be able to work on the extension whenever I have some available time tho, it shouldn't be super hard, but I have some work to finish first...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetmumu View Post
    could you post a mfa with just your samples and problems explained?
    Sure thing! Sorry for the delayed answer. Here's a file with my problem, replicated as best as I could make it: SAMPLEVOLUME.mfa

As you can see in the file when opening it; you can press the N/U-buttons to select which version of the music to listen to, and you can change the master volume without any problem.
    The troubles occur when trying to change the music/channel values as both versions will now be playing at full volume at the same time (I guess?). Even though I've specified that I only wanted to play the specific samples at volume 100 or 0 as I press the N/U buttons.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me, your program behaves normally. you set the volumes when you press N/U but then modify them through channels 31 and 32.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast