User Tag List

Thread: When jumping between frames, sometimes the last frame is visible, sometimes not

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When jumping between frames, sometimes the last frame is visible, sometimes not

I'm making a loading screen for my game, for when it goes from the menu frame to the engine frame. To create a smooth transition for the player, I create a loading graphic in the Menu frame, just before I "jump" to the Engine frame. This graphic remains on screen (frozen) while the Engine frame loads. Then, the first thing the engine frame does is create a similar graphic, and starts animating it as parts of the level are loaded in. So basically, even though Fusion has left one frame and loaded another, the screen displays a single, unbroken graphic during the whole process.

The problem is that this doesn't always work. About 5-10% of the time (seemingly randomly) the graphic disappears while the Engine Frame loads, and for a few seconds its background color is shown instead, until the events eventually load up and place the graphic there again. So basically, it's supposed to do this (and usually does):

...but occasionally, it does this:

I can't do anything to change the appearance of these situations, other than to change the background color in the properties. For example, changing the color via a "start of frame" event or placing Active Objects in the Frame Editor don't work, I guess because the grey background appears before any of that that stuff gets processed.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this and/or how to get around it?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, seems like a wipe issue of displaying. Don't know check keep previous frame in frame properties would make any difference.
    Currently my loading screen is, put a loading image on the top of all layers in actual engine frame, and destroy it in an always event. I can't recall the detail but IIRC fusion will render all start of frame content for transition then into actual frame. So maybe your assets are too heavy.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    perhaps, and its a big perhaps; something on your engine frame is loading up at start (probably big or intensive) and its just your pc delaying sometimes, maybe a memory issue, maybe access issue & could be why its random. otherwise, its a hard one to know without knowing what your game is doing along with fusion.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    ....Don't know check keep previous frame in frame properties would make any difference.
    I just tried it, and unfortunately not. Direct3D: don't erase background if the frame has an effect doesn't help either.

I can't recall the detail but IIRC fusion will render all start of frame content for transition then into actual frame...
    I'm not sure what this means. Do you think I should try and enable a frame transition?

Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    perhaps, and its a big perhaps; something on your engine frame is loading up at start (probably big or intensive) and its just your pc delaying sometimes, maybe a memory issue, maybe access issue & could be why its random. otherwise, its a hard one to know without knowing what your game is doing along with fusion.
    That definitely sounds feasible. The weird thing is that the grey-screen either happens for ~2 seconds, or it doesn't happen at all. If it was a straight-up loading delay then I would expect it to sometimes be a little longer, sometimes a little shorter, but always there. But it's like it actually behaves differently 5-10% of the time. Maybe it's some sort of access issue like you suggest.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I'm not sure what this means. Do you think I should try and enable a frame transition?
    My game use the same logic as yours for fake loading screens, the only difference is I enabled transition - fade out.maybe it worth trying.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say that loading this graphic is the first thing the engine frame does, but have you tried making it the only thing it does? For the very first fps I mean. Like maybe you could delay/deactivate the loading of the level etc. and for the first fps only have it create the loading graphic and see if that makes any difference. Just spitballing ideas here.