User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 294.12 - Release Candidate

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both issues I reported seem to be fixed now

- Windows runtime (2.5+ DLC): new "Optimize String Objects" option in the properties of the application that allows you to disable String object optimizations in DirectX 11 mode (this optimization can cause graphic glitches in some cases).
    I've noticed some occasional glitches in my game where certain string objects appear too small. I've found that forcibly setting their font size 2 or 3 times in a row usually forces them to behave. Is that the sort of glitch that might be fixed by unchecking this new setting?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I've noticed some occasional glitches in my game where certain string objects appear too small. I've found that forcibly setting their font size 2 or 3 times in a row usually forces them to behave. Is that the sort of glitch that might be fixed by unchecking this new setting?
    Yes I think, it's weird alpha channel issues more noticeable with small fonts. in the MFA I was sent to it was happening after a frame window resize with the Window Control. Couldn't find how to fix it so I added the option. If you can fix it with several "set font size" then perhaps better keep your workaround than removing the optimization (you can compare your strings with & without the option though).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found the bug to be a bit unpredictable, and there's maybe a chance it'll pop up in places where I don't expect it. I couldn't recreate the bug today, because I couldn't remember the exact circumstances that were necessary to produce it. So I'll probably just uncheck the option to play it safe. I assume that the performance hit of unchecking the new option probably won't be massive, right?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few issues I encountered:

Fusion crashes while editing the menu items. You can use this file (add_menu_item_crash.mfa) and follow the the steps in the picture.

add_menu_item_crash.jpg

Others:
    • Inside the comments window in the Event Editor: Ctrl + Enter doesn't close the window anymore when "Press ENTER ..." isn't checked.
    • The Fusion color selector could use some more space for the labels on the Custom tab and the title of the Frame Palette tab itself.
    • File object: Is it right that the Current Directory is changed to the path given to the file selector, even if Cancel was clicked?
    • File object: In applications nowadays one can use the file selector to select directories. That's really nice because one doesn't has to navigate trough a long path inside the directory selector but just can paste the path inside the file selector. But it seems that's not possible with the file selector from the File object. I tried to use Set style with Allow non existant file/path but the file selector doesn't accept selecting only paths. Maybe I'm trying something wrong?

Regards
    Gustav

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Application menu issues
    If checked the "color" by the menu editor, the items doesn't show the checkmarks. But, if set a bitmap image for the item, the checkmark will appear (if there is no image it will not appear).

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I've found the bug to be a bit unpredictable, and there's maybe a chance it'll pop up in places where I don't expect it. I couldn't recreate the bug today, because I couldn't remember the exact circumstances that were necessary to produce it. So I'll probably just uncheck the option to play it safe. I assume that the performance hit of unchecking the new option probably won't be massive, right?
    It can be massive if you use lots of strings, and/or big strings, that rarely change (the optimization is just keeping pre-rendered text in an intermediate texture).

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustav View Post
    Here are a few issues I encountered:

Fusion crashes while editing the menu items. You can use this file (add_menu_item_crash.mfa) and follow the the steps in the picture.

add_menu_item_crash.jpg

Others:
    • Inside the comments window in the Event Editor: Ctrl + Enter doesn't close the window anymore when "Press ENTER ..." isn't checked.
    • The Fusion color selector could use some more space for the labels on the Custom tab and the title of the Frame Palette tab itself.
    • File object: Is it right that the Current Directory is changed to the path given to the file selector, even if Cancel was clicked?
    • File object: In applications nowadays one can use the file selector to select directories. That's really nice because one doesn't has to navigate trough a long path inside the directory selector but just can paste the path inside the file selector. But it seems that's not possible with the file selector from the File object. I tried to use Set style with Allow non existant file/path but the file selector doesn't accept selecting only paths. Maybe I'm trying something wrong?

Regards
    Gustav
    Thanks! the crash will be fixed in the next update.

File object: the current directory is changed by Windows, Fusion doesn't change it (Fusion just passes a "don't change dir" flag if you don't select the "Allow directory change" in the selector style).

File object: the directory selector based on the file selector that you see in other apps is not implemented in Fusion. IIRC this API was introduced later in Windows and implementing such a selector that works on all versions of Windows is not easy (I took a look some time ago but I ran out of time - it's certainly something we'll do at some point, even if we have to drop compatibility for this feature).

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no big deal - but you previously said them [number of objects] on the frame could be more than the default 1000. its still at 1000. will you increase this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Thanks! the crash will be fixed in the next update.

File object: the current directory is changed by Windows, Fusion doesn't change it (Fusion just passes a "don't change dir" flag if you don't select the "Allow directory change" in the selector style).

File object: the directory selector based on the file selector that you see in other apps is not implemented in Fusion. IIRC this API was introduced later in Windows and implementing such a selector that works on all versions of Windows is not easy (I took a look some time ago but I ran out of time - it's certainly something we'll do at some point, even if we have to drop compatibility for this feature).
    Thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to see such a file selector one day.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "How to display the objects" feature does not apply to core objects. as they still show there icon.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast