User Tag List

Thread: Load image to frames with expression don't allow include external files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Load image to frames with expression don't allow include external files

I'd like to ask a question about loading images. This is a great feature but I'm stuck into a way Fusion works and I'd like some ideas how I can workaround this, if I can.

First, what I'd like to do:

Load images into active frames and reuse the code in other games. I can do this using expression but this way Fusion do not include external files and requires the images to be unpacked in the data folder it will load the images from.

So in the documentation it states:

Include external files
    Includes in the built file all the external files referred to by the events or by any object. This option is very handy if you want to create one EXE file that contains everything. Upon runtime, the files are extracted to a temporary folder, and all the pathnames that refer to the files are relocated to the temporary folder.

Note: this option doesn't include the files whose filename is calculated with an expression in the events.
    Is there any way at all that I can call an image from outside that can be protected/compressed without having to set "into stone" the path?

The reason I'm asking this is because if I don't use expressions such as Apppath$ I can't reuse the code for other games. So if I have the Load image into frame as
    C:\Gameprojects\Game1\data\images
    I can't reuse the code to
    C:\Gameprojects\Game2\data\images
    because hundreds of events are expecting to find on
    C:\Gameprojects\Game1\data\images

The real problem here is that I can't replace the path unless I go into each line and there are 9 options to click through for each line. So changing each line for 100 events goes into at least 900 clicks.

Any idea at all that will help me workaround this is greatly appreciated.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't, fusion won't auto pack something in your project folder. It's torture to add a fake load action for all assets to force fusion to pack it.
    Including files in binary file is another torture as when replace with a newer version you will get many (2)

My solution is DIY everything, write a custom encrypter, and a custom active picture to load encrypt files.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    You can't, fusion won't auto pack something in your project folder. It's torture to add a fake load action for all assets to force fusion to pack it.
    Including files in binary file is another torture as when replace with a newer version you will get many (2)

My solution is DIY everything, write a custom encrypter, and a custom active picture to load encrypt files.
    Thanks defisym. I have no idea how to write a custom encrypter so I'll have to work with what we currently have. Either use one directory and move old projects to a new one, import by hand or leave files outside.